Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver. SOLD PENDING
£130
North Shields, Tyne & Wear

Ghost Rider

Selling my Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver. 

£219 new so I’ll take £140 for mine & that’s posted to the U.K. only,  via Royal Mail Special Delivery.
If collected it’s £130.

Comes with the Tech 21 Tin. 

No power supply. 

Can be seen & heard working if you want to collect. 

Cash on collection or bank transfer please Collection from North Shields, Tyne & Wear. 
Check my feedback for peace of mind 

Any questions fire away

Cheers - Anth 

11C4BE62-E2A1-46FD-AF92-2C0938409E08.jpeg

9364D24C-EE5D-4C53-BEC9-D88A471C3D50.jpeg

330BFC38-5AC4-4A45-9F9E-5A42AEB3EE24.jpeg

EABDFAB3-0FB6-4021-9674-021DC816B530.jpeg

Edited by Ghost Rider
Title amendment

7 hours ago, SonnyBass95 said:

Hey man, don’t suppose you know what the difference is between the Paradriver and the BassDriver? Wanted to get my hands on a Sansamp for a while and this one looks wicked! 

Hi, after a quick search on google I’ve found this on another forum with someone asking the same question as you. Hope this helps. Cheers - Anth 👍🏻

The Guys Question was  

“I've messed with the Bass Driver and it works ok but seems to steal some punch and some of the acoustic overtones. I've heard the SansAmp Para Driver described as "the best features of the Bass Driver plus a parametric EQ" but the Tech 21 website lists it specifically for acoustic intruments”

“Is it worth my $$ to get the SansAmp Para Driver? Will I get something more than what I currently have with the SansAmp Bass Driver?

Answer from Tech 21

“I emailed Tech 21 about it and here is their response....

Thanks for your inquiry. There's only a small difference between the Bass Driver and Para Driver for bass... the Bass Driver always has a mid-scoop, and the Presence puts an "edge" on the tube emulation and overdrive. This can be subtle, as in "note-articulation and definition", or pronounced, as in that trebly "click". The Para Driver obviously has more midrange control, but a slightly "mellower" overdrive (without the Presence control). So, if you need the "angry white-boy band", aggresive "grind" of a vintage Ampeg SVT, the Bass Driver's the one. But if you simply need the warm tube amp tone of say, an Ampeg B15 (heard on millions of pop and Motown hits), the Para Driver's a great choice.

For upright, I'd say the Para Driver will be the better of the two. Its Mid and Mid Shift will offer you some crucial tone control.

Regards,

Lloyd Schwartz, Product Manager

• Thanks 1

The Para Driver is an excellent but of kit, far better than the Bass Driver imo, you don’t often see these up for grabs. And I find it a lot more versatile than Lloyd from the company described it, really think he’s selling their product short there.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

The Para Driver is an excellent but of kit, far better than the Bass Driver imo, you don’t often see these up for grabs. And I find it a lot more versatile than Lloyd from the company described it, really think he’s selling their product short there.

Cheers Lozz, I’ve replaced it with an Ampeg Scrambler DI. Not sure I’m doing the right thing now as the Para Driver seems to be getting the thumbs up on here  🤷‍♂️   
The Para Driver has a smaller footprint too! 

E16B4836-9C73-40E4-AF9A-0039042E7C9A.jpeg

• MB1 locked this topic