Why become a member? ×

Delay with tremolo

cLepto-bass

I have owned the magnificent Strymon Timeline for a couple of years now and have loved it. However, in recent months I have noticed that I have only really been using it for 2 settings; 1) Swell delay, and 2) Trem delay. Therefore, I am considering replacing the Timeline with options targeted to those specific uses. Obviously for the swell setting, I can just use a volume or swell pedal along with a simpler delay pedal so there is no problem there.

However, I am struggling to come up with an approach that best replicates the Trem setting which, if you didn't already know, adds a fully customise-able tremolo effect to the delay trails only. So, my question is - does anybody know of a single pedal or modified workaround that can replicate this effect?

Note that I am aware of the EHX Deluxe Memory Man which has an effect loop for such a use but I have  previously owned that pedal and I didn't get on with it at all. So any other suggestions?

Thanks

They're not very common at all, madbean does a kit that does it (the dreamtime delay) but the tremolo isn't controllable beyond the speed. If you fancy building a kit that'd be a good option but it's a difficult one. 

Edit: I've got one and I absolutely love it, apart from tremolo it does regular modulation and an almost ring mod kind of sound. 

Edited by bobbass4k