Why become a member? ×

Couple of my old basses

dmccombe7

I happen upon old photos like these from time to time.

Provides an excellent opportunity to spend some quality time kicking myself a lot !

Also, your pictures emphasise the distinct stylistic heredity evident in these peculiarly British basses....from Shergold and Hayman through Wal to Enfield....

Edited by CPCustomdubwise
  • Like 2

The twin neck was up for sale on Gumtree based in London. I messaged the guy that i was the original owner and was interested and he never replied and the advert was dropped. I'm kinda guessing he nicked it from somewhere ?

Wish i had kept that WAL tho. Would be worth a few quid now. 

Dave

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Came across some pics of my old basses circa 78-84 i reckon.

WAL custom fretless (flame sycamore)

Shergold 4 & 8 twin neck (Shergolds first 8 string adapted from their 6 string bass)1809738323_WALcustomfretless(flamesycamore).jpg.9d1a51e871e0e205e8caa9fd62bc1047.jpg

1257494534_Shergold4twinneck..jpg.5a27a4c7b4eef242d7d823cb4db974d4.jpg

I want that double neck!

Just now, haimesy said:

Hi Dave .. I might be wrong , but is your guitarist In the last picture called Jack ?

Yes the very man himself currently playing with Led Zep tribute band who are as you would expect first class.

Dave

He did tell me about the early bassist and how the new guy came in after you. Alex the singer is unbelievable.

I was never really a Zep fan but Jack asked me along to Motherwell Concert Hall on the guest list so i felt obliged. I was very impressed by them. Since seen him do the acoustic thing a few times now.

Jack and Alex are both really nice guys. Jack was probably my best mate for about 5-6 yrs from 89 - 95 when i played in band with him and then PA hire for few yrs then we kinda went different paths ( i got married )

We have always kept in touch over the years and usually meet up at least once or twice a year usually at our band gigs.

His big birthday party was a great wee night too.

Dave

1 hour ago, haimesy said:

Give him my best , next time you speak .. Cheers John 

Will do John. You should go along to one of the gigs they do. No bass player now but the 2 cello players are excellent and it all works really well as an acoustic set.

Dave