Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB615

Rich

Continuing a 12 year old zombie thread revival - anyone who looks down on a Yamaha BB is an idiot. Anyone who worries about people looking down on them playing a Yamaha BB should shut them up with their playing or feel free to tell naysayers that neepheid says shut up. Also I have owned several BB basses (614, 300, 350F, 450, 434) and they've all been excellent. I particularly miss the metallic red 450 - I sourced it incomplete and managed to find its guts and other stuff here on BC and put it all back together. Took it to a festival and it did me proud.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

I've had a few Yamaha BB's some of the best value instruments I've ever used, and I've used a lot of different basses from low to high end. I love them to not and currently have two, and at one point I was a fairly "proper player" 😂

I love my red hot BB414.

Also have a BB300 which is built like a tank which I don't know what to do with as it's surplus to requirements ATM.

Previously owned a BB734A which was pretty good if a bit sophisticated for my needs.

• Like 1