Why become a member? ×

Traded. Please close. Westone Thunder II MK2 (same as the Thunder lll) Now £385. FS/FT LIght P bass, maple board.
£365
BB22SH

itsmedunc

Please ignore the £365. I can’t edit it to £400!

Trade - studio equipment. P bass maple board. Oly would be perfect but not essential. Cash adjustment either way.

Back up for sale after a long think! Alas, it’s just too heavy for me now.

Noticed a bit of a crackle (which isn't really bad) on the pup selector today. Only does it when changing pups though. I'll spray it with switch cleaner when I get a chance. Hopefully that will sort it out. 

Westone Thunder II MK2. I think it's a MK2. If my memory serves me right, there's 3 versions in the series.

http://www.westoneguitars.net/basses/thunder/

Nice bass in decent condition for a gigging bass and its age (early 80's). Increasingly hard to find. Passive or 18v active, although I've never used the active circuit. I played a Thunder 3 for over 20 years and this is basically the same bass with a different headstock logo and cream pup covers. I never used the active on that either as I found it sounded better without (I'm not really a fan of active basses). I used the active switch a mute. It's missing the truss rod cover. It wasn't there when I got it. The metal active toggle seems to bet a bit bent too.

I've  not used the bass much in a while as it's getting a bit heavy for me. It’s approx 10lb 11oz as I recall.

I do not have a hard case for it and as it's a thru neck I'd be reluctant to post without (see below). Maybe something could be sorted out though. Collection and trial to make sure everyone is happy would be ideal or meet up possible.

I'm in Blackburn Lancs BB22SH.

Will only consider posting (well packaged of course) if potential buyer organises their own courier and insurance. UK only please.

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Like 12

36 minutes ago, MB1 said:

(The Feather duster)............Take it to the Bridge!

It needs a damned good clean. Not got round to it yet though. I might relic it by using a wire brush and dettol! 😂😂

5 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I believe it’s a Thunder IIA. Same as mine except I have a P/P set of pick-up’s instead of P/J.

Cracking basses these. I made my first studio recording on one of these in 1986 and it sounded great. It was my #1 bass for quite a while and I still have it today.

GLWTS 👍

A link to Westone

http://www.westoneguitars.net/basses/thunder/

5 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Yes, I see now. They obviously dropped the ‘A” with the Thunder II as there wasn’t a purely passive version of that model. Mine looks exactly like the one with the XLR, but has a jack instead. Thanks for the link. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

I'd like to find one of these with a broken headstock which could be converted to a headless set up.

Don't suppose you have any Grandchildren who could be let loose in your music room??

I'd have to put the price up for such a rare commodity 😂

• 2 weeks later...
  • itsmedunc changed the title to Westone Thunder II MK2 (same as the Thunder lll) £400. Bargain. FS /FT
  • MB1 locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • itsmedunc changed the title to Traded. Please close. Westone Thunder II MK2 (same as the Thunder lll) Now £385. FS/FT LIght P bass, maple board.
  • gary mac locked this topic