big rob

Nightingale Bass 4 string as new bolt on £875
£875
Oxfordshire

Here is my lovely Nightingale bass the pre runner to the GB rumour bass and as you can see there is plentry of DNA present.

Was totally refinished by the previous owner and Bernie Goodfellow worked on the bass also fitting an agular obp3 pre amp.

Also has side luminlay position markers that can be charged with blue light https://luminlay.com/featuresen.html

The action is low the paint job is perfect and the board and fret are as now, beautiful snake wood board too. 

Also very light.

Only moving on as too many basses in the collection at the moment. 

64823626_695167990922105_1618002978852044800_n.jpg

64956757_603454073475879_5368348372811907072_n.jpg

64998718_2355155781390069_5166574756320772096_n.jpg

65237125_655903378216041_4439447277123141632_n.jpg

64868163_366269364031503_8203014573284917248_n.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Etienne
      Hi everyone,
      I bought this at the start of 2020 with the intention of using it as a do-it-all tone machine for function gigs, but to be honest, I've got far too much gear as it is, and certainly not enough space to justify keeping it all!
      Due to the pandemic, this hasn't even left my house, so it's still in the same great gigged-but-not-abused condition that I acquired it in. It's recently been strung with Newtone roundwounds, and plays superbly up and down the neck with medium action to suit fingers and pick.
      The Jaguar Bass is an electronically complex instrument, as anyone who's tried one can attest to, but don't worry- the active circuit, switches & pots work perfectly on this example, and the whole instrument looks to be standard and unmodified, even down to the strap buttons. According to the serial number, this bass was made in 2006, which puts it amongst the earliest to be built. As you’d expect from a CIJ instrument, it’s been assembled and finished with care.
      There are a few scratches, knocks and dings to the finish in the usual areas, but nothing really nasty. I did consider polishing and buffing the body to correct most of the minor imperfections, but decided to leave them untouched for the next owner to decide.
      The weight is approximately 9.5 lbs/4.3KG according to my fishing scales.
      Edit: I've now dropped the price down for the last time to a firm £620: definitely no offers or trades please! This includes mainland UK shipping, plus a well-used but functional Hiscox hard case to send it in. 
      Alternatively, I can personally deliver the bass with or without the Hiscox case throughout the North-West region, or the buyer can collect from my pet/smoke free home in the Liverpool/Sefton area.
      Bank transfer is preferred, but Paypal is also possible.
      Please PM me for any additional info and photos, and thanks for looking!

• By ash
      These instruments were made in Japan alongside the legendary JV range and to the same high standard. They didn’t have the vintage features of the JV models but are well respected instruments nonetheless. Don’t confuse the SQ models with the ‘beginners market’ Squiers of later years, these are up there with the best US made instruments and are becoming sought after now JV models have started to attract big money. The necks are particularly wonderful. This one is in excellent condition, only a few minor marks and scuffs. The neck is immaculate, the hardware and pickups are like new. It sounds like a Precision ought to! All original and weighs 4kgs. New Rotos 40-100s great balance. An excellent vintage bass at an affordable price. A recent purchase but I need to raise some cash fairly urgently, last in first out. 
      It comes with a heavy, rather tatty but functional aluminium flight case. No trades, sorry. I’d prefer pickup in person as I only have the case to post it in, however if you want it posting in the U.K. I can look into it at your cost. If you want Fender flats on it rather than Rotos I can restring it. 
      Thanks! 

• By Edenburgh
      Posting for my son who has inherited my bass habit.
      Over the past few months he has developed a hankering for a US Musicman Stingray but after forecastic his financial income (pocket money) realises he needs to do a 3-into-1 trade type arrangement.
      So ideally the following 3 basses would go in a single straight trade for a US Musicman Stingray (4 string, single pickup models only).
      We reckon the three basses would land at the price of a secondhand Stingray (£1350ish).   Details follow:
      Ibanez SR506 (£350) : usual SR series fast neck and a great way to get an affordable and easy playing six stringer.  Has a couple of small dings on edge of body but really clean otherwise.  No gig bag unfortunately.
      Status Energy (£500): Ash body and fitted with hipshot detuner (original tuner included). Also comes with a Hiscox Status branded case.    Bit of thumbnail grazing above the pickup but otherwise in great overall condition.
      Status The Groove (£500) : this is the bass that has given him the taste for a Stingray.   Awesome sounding bass from the triple coil pickup (I seem to recall one is a dummy coil?).   Excellent condition.  Includes generic gig bag.
      Soooo.....ideally the world would be nice and neat and someone out there is willing to part with a US 4 string single pickup Stingray in straight exchange for these three.    We realise the world often isn't that perfect but let's give it a shot....
      More pics available upon request.  Ideally meet up for trade (edinburgh and central belt) rather than trying to post.

• By Frank Blank
      SOLD
      I purchased this bass from most excellent Basschater @Osiris in January, for reference here's his original advert...
      30.5" short scale Warwick Corvette. 24 frets, passive MEC pickups. The sale also includes the Warwick truss rod tool, not pictured. It has three small dings, all on the rear of the bass (see pics 6 and 7). It comes with it's original Warwick gigbag.
      The tone of this is what you'd expect from a full scale Warwick, it doesn't have that inherent short scale tubbiness, it sound like its bigger brothers. The controls are volume, blend and individual tone controls for each pickup.
      For sale only, no trades.
      Pickup from my gaff or I'm quite happy to deliver to you (dependent on distance obviously) or meet up halfway. Bank transfer preferred.
      Any questions or requests for more pics please message me.

• By Bassaio
      LAST PRICE DROP £1250
      Gorgeous Bass made in Switzerland, by great luthier Tino Tedesco ():
      Body Ash with tonal Chambers
      Top Alder
      Neck quartesawn maple
      Fingerboard  birdseye maple
      Hipshot Tuners - Dunlop Straplocks - Pickup X-EMG Active
      ultralightweight