Why become a member? ×

Can you tell me anything about these bass strings

Dave P-Bass

I love these strings but they need replacing. I think these are stainless steel round wound D'addarios. They are on my latest p-bass, a 2010 American standard and I think they're 0.45 to 1.05. D'Addario use colour coding so some of you may recognize which one's they are.

IMG_2334.HEIC

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 18.36.24.png

Edited by Dave P-Bass

I think that they're Fender 7350m's, which are unfortunately no longer available. Fabulous strings.

They were 45-105 Stainless Rounds.

G is Sea Foam Green

D is Nickel Silver

A is Candy Apple Red

E is Bronze (Gold)

The colour coding matches up (referring to a partially used pack I have lying about).

You have a few different choices, depending on your budget. Warwick Red Label 42200's are a great choice, reasonably priced too (about £9.00 a set). I was a long time fan of the Fender 7350m's, but as you can no longer get them, I went to Dunlop DBS45105 Stainless. You can get them on eBay for about £17.50.

Edited by Skybone
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skybone said:

I think that they're Fender 7350m's, which are unfortunately no longer available. Fabulous strings.

How do you know they are Fender 7350s?

My Fender pure nickel rounds (7150) are exactly the same coloured ball ends. I think most, if not all Fender strings use this colour system. 🤔

• Like 1

Thank you all. I think maybe we've established that's these are most likely discontinued Fender strings. Their colour coding seems quite vague. As if to just say Hey! This is the E-String, and so on. I'm still curious because I fully respect this knowledge bass, in that I know you have the answers. this has been so beneficial.

12 hours ago, Dave P-Bass said:

Thank you all. I think maybe we've established that's these are most likely discontinued Fender strings. Their colour coding seems quite vague. As if to just say Hey! This is the E-String, and so on. I'm still curious because I fully respect this knowledge bass, in that I know you have the answers. this has been so beneficial.

Nope. They are Fender strings, it's difficult to say which model they are, and they're most likely NOT discontinued!

On 20/07/2020 at 18:47, Skybone said:

They were 45-105 Stainless Rounds.

G is Sea Foam Green

D is Nickel Silver

A is Candy Apple Red

E is Bronze (Gold)

The colour coding matches up (referring to a partially used pack I have lying about).

You have a few different choices, depending on your budget. Warwick Red Label 42200's are a great choice, reasonably priced too (about £9.00 a set). I was a long time fan of the Fender 7350m's, but as you can no longer get them, I went to Dunlop DBS45105 Stainless. You can get them on eBay for about £17.50.

Several of my basses have Warwick Reds. Great string, great value.