Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic RS & K-Series Cabs

jay42

Hi bass folks

I have a TC Electronic Blacksmith head which I love to bits which I run through a TC RS410 cab but it is lonely and needs some other cabs to keep it company :)

The question I have is this; as the Blacksmith can be switched down to a 2 Ohm load rating, you can run up to 4 of the RS cabs from it but what I want to know is would the following configuration be possible:

• Blacksmith in 2 Ohm mode connected to 1 x RS410 and 2 of the K-Series K210s

I love the look of the K-Series cabs and I intend to get 2 K210s to pair with an RH750 to use for smaller gigs but for bigger ones I would prefer to use my Blacksmith with the above combination of cabs if possible.

I know that TCs Ohm ratings and cab combinations have been a topic for many years on here and I hope that one of you learned folks would be able to answer my query!

All the best!

Jay

• 1 month later...

On paper, there’s nothing to suggest you can’t set up your Blacksmith with your RS410 and two K210 cabs. The amp head will be running at about 2.67 ohms which is safe for the head. I know TC like to advertise their RS cabs for the Blacksmith head with little mention that the K series cabs can do the same job. Some people may say that sending power to a 4x10 rated at 8 ohms would be a mismatch compared to two 2x10 cabs running at 8 ohms each. As far as my understanding goes, it’s all safe for the head. Just listen out for any of the cabs making weird noises, use your nouse and your judgement if something sounds off or is distorting.