Why become a member? ×

My brand new signature bass - The Alvistar

margusalviste

[quote name='beerdragon' post='436502' date='Mar 16 2009, 09:16 PM']is that the actual bass you are buying? is has what look like scratches or marks near the nut thats all.[/quote]

Yes, that's the one and only Alvistar I am going to have. But there are no scrathes as far as I know. It's just a photo I guess.

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='436461' date='Mar 16 2009, 08:54 PM']That really does look amazing. I'm really starting to favour solid colours over the exotic wood top these days. I'm also tiring of engineers/band members taking the piss out of 'coffee table' :rolleyes: No accounting for taste I suppose.

Also, how does this feel compared to the body of the Kronos. Looks a little sleeker/downsized. The Kronos looked sleek enough already.

Jay.[/quote]

Thanks! I like also solid colors on basses like that. Actually I haven't got the Alvistar yet from Italy. It takes a week or two before I can get my hands on it. :) I'll let you know as soon as I'll get the first impressions. But Chronos is really comfortable to play. Really the best bass I've played so far. Hope the Alvistar will be even better!

Edited by margusalviste

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='436872' date='Mar 17 2009, 10:31 AM']Looks cool. Not overkeen on the plate TBH. I was not over impressed when I tried a W&T but then we all like different things. +1 on the coffee table bit - I like solid colours.[/quote]

Where did you try it? And what model was that?
I visited Enrico's place some time ago and most of the basses I could play there were extremely good. Although, nobody is perfect and you can always find not-so-good basses from any manfacturer. I've heard quite bad stories even about some 10K basses.

[quote name='margusalviste' post='436897' date='Mar 17 2009, 09:06 AM']Where did you try it? And what model was that?
I visited Enrico's place some time ago and most of the basses I could play there were extremely good. Although, nobody is perfect and you can always find not-so-good basses from any manfacturer. I've heard quite bad stories even about some 10K basses.[/quote]
I tried one at Bass Direct here in the UK. It was a Spectrum 5 string. We had a good thrash with a number of exotic basses and my GB's. I was really buying amps but the opportunity to try so many lovely basses was too good to miss. But I did not play anything that made we want to change my basses.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...