Why become a member? ×

Did you buy a bass in Rutherglen today?

geoham

Hey guys,

You may recall I posted a few months ago about my Fender Jazz being stolen from my car in Airdrie, near Glasgow. This is my original post here:

I've found out today that Cash Generator in Rutherglen (also near Glasgow) bought and sold it this afternoon for £180.

If this was you, please get in touch and / or return the bass to where you bought it?

Many thanks,

George

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Via the power of Facebook, we've found the guy! He posted in a music gear group that I'm a member of, trying to sell it for double what he paid for it an hour before! He's going to take it back and get his money back. Shop already aware of what's going on, so should be relatively simple to get it back now. Assuming the cops don't want to hold on to it as evidence for too long.

I've already replaced the thing with one quite similar to it! What to do with two blue Jazzes....

• Like 15

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

police help George? If you've tracked down your bass then Cash generator hopefully can be forced to hand over those details? 

I've made the police aware... though they need to email it to the station handling my original case and have it assigned back to the original officer. Oh, and I can't just pop in due to Covid restrictions.

3 minutes ago, geoham said:

I've already replaced the thing with one quite similar to it! What to do with two blue Jazzes....

If you’re selling the newcomer for £180, I’m in!🕺 Seriously, well done!

Edited by Mickeyboro
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beedster said:

Start a collection

I've made my mind up... once I finally get it back, I'm keeping one strung with flats the other with rounds. Chopped and changed too many times over the years. Not quite identical twins!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, geoham said:

I've made my mind up... once I finally get it back, I'm keeping one strung with flats the other with rounds. Chopped and changed too many times over the years. Not quite identical twins!

Yep, that's the start of the collection right there. I justify multiple basses via the same logic (Precision with flats, one with rounds, an FL with flats, an FL with rounds, might need a Jazz, make that four........ What about a Stingray.....?). Be careful mate, you are about to set foot on a very slippery slope :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 20/07/2020 at 14:59, geoham said:

Hey guys,

You may recall I posted a few months ago about my Fender Jazz being stolen from my car in Airdrie, near Glasgow. This is my original post here:

I've found out today that Cash Generator in Rutherglen (also near Glasgow) bought and sold it this afternoon for £180.

If this was you, please get in touch and / or return the bass to where you bought it?

Many thanks,

George

Pretty sure Police would be interested in knowing Cash Generators sold it and will be able to get the buyers contact details.

Dave

EDIT  to say i see its all in hand after reading the full thread. Well done and nice to hear a good ending.

Edited by dmccombe7

14 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Pretty sure Police would be interested in knowing Cash Generators sold it and will be able to get the buyers contact details.

Dave

EDIT  to say i see its all in hand after reading the full thread. Well done and nice to hear a good ending.

Yeh, thankfully the days of giving a false name and no ID/Wrong ID to hock shops are long gone. They have to be accountable nowadays. 

Did anyone up here have any dealings with a shop called 'Boston's on Leith Walk, Edinburgh, back in the '80s?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NikNik said:

Yeh, thankfully the days of giving a false name and no ID/Wrong ID to hock shops are long gone. They have to be accountable nowadays. 

Did anyone up here have any dealings with a shop called 'Boston's on Leith Walk, Edinburgh, back in the '80s?

Edinburgh was always too difficult to get to from Motherwell and Wishaw area so Glasgow was a simple one train trip.

Getting to Edinburgh back then meant train to Glasgow and change for an hr trip to Edinburgh and you had to change stations in Glasgow from Central to Queen Street. Ended up up the total trip could be 2 hrs depending on train times.

That and fact getting home from Edinburgh at night meant you had to get train at Edinburgh around 9pm to make sure you got last train from Glasgow.

I didn't have a car in them far gone days. And now that i have a car i can't get parked in Edinburgh. They just don't make it easy to get too for shoppers of heavy bass equipment :laugh1:

Dave

4 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Edinburgh was always too difficult to get to from Motherwell and Wishaw area so Glasgow was a simple one train trip.

Getting to Edinburgh back then meant train to Glasgow and change for an hr trip to Edinburgh and you had to change stations in Glasgow from Central to Queen Street. Ended up up the total trip could be 2 hrs depending on train times.

That and fact getting home from Edinburgh at night meant you had to get train at Edinburgh around 9pm to make sure you got last train from Glasgow.

I didn't have a car in them far gone days. And now that i have a car i can't get parked in Edinburgh. They just don't make it easy to get too for shoppers of heavy bass equipment :laugh1:

Dave

Or get to Cleland or Holytown Station for the Shotts train! Still a bit of a faff though! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elfrasho said:

Or get to Cleland or Holytown Station for the Shotts train! Still a bit of a faff though! 

Did that a couple of times for days out and of course slept in the station waiting for first train in morning. Of course i've done the same in Glasgow before the late night buses were running. Old Buchanan St bus station waiting for the first bus to Motherwell at 5am, then fell asleep on the bus woke up at Lanark, got off the bus walked across the road and got the same bus back to Motherwell. Driver just laughed but they didn't charge me for the return to Motherwell. Must have felt sorry for the poor lad :laugh1:

Those were the days when partying was more important than getting home.

Dave

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Those were the days when partying was more important than getting home.

Indeed, I have seen me jump in a taxi and follow some piece of skirt out of town for miles and then walk home in the morning. The walk of shame for 5 miles! I couldn't imagine doing anything like that now.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ubit said:

Indeed, I have seen me jump in a taxi and follow some piece of skirt out of town for miles and then walk home in the morning. The walk of shame for 5 miles! I couldn't imagine doing anything like that now.

Never really bothered me back then. It just seemed the norm at that age. 

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NikNik said:

Last time I saw any action in Boston's, was when I was on a bus going past and I saw a large number of Rastafarians emptying it's contents into the back of a luton van. This was after the owner and his son had been sent away to a government holiday camp. 

• Like 1