Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Twin. Shall I? UPDATE: "out for delivery"

fretmeister

Shall I order a Barefaced Super Twin today?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I order a Barefaced Super Twin today?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

26 minutes ago, alexclaber said:

If you're using a Helix for guitar too (if I'm remembering right) then I'd get a BB2. And you don't need a 2x12XN with the 800W amps you have, unless you're the loudest big band I've ever come across! BB2 with 500W into it will be LOUD.

Super Twin with a 50W valve head into it is loud!

30 minutes ago, alexclaber said:

If you're using a Helix for guitar too (if I'm remembering right) then I'd get a BB2. And you don't need a 2x12XN with the 800W amps you have, unless you're the loudest big band I've ever come across! BB2 with 500W into it will be LOUD.

I did think a lot about that - but in the end I decided that if (a big if) I ever gig on guitar again then I'm not sure I'd want to gig anything other than my JCM800.

And due to medical issues - I want wheels. 

I can cope with the in and out of the car bit, but more than that - with the amount of surgery I've had over the last few years - wheels are important. Cannot be arsed with sack barrows though. It's just more to pack.

The Big Twin 2 was also thought about - but boot space is limited. It would fit, just, but not with the other stuff I have to fit in as well.

Edited by fretmeister

18 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

No idea - I just like the idea of built in tilt back ones.

Don't have to bend over with a taller cab too.

The wheels on the Super Twin are great on indoor flooring but I avoid using them outdoors on anything other than smooth tarmac - just too much bashing/vibration, and I don't think they'd last very long at all on cobbles!

21 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

I never thought I would, but I've actually had the first twinges of moving my Big Twin II on. Let me know if you change your mind!

There's one in the classifieds and because of that I very carefully measured up my boot space...

Alas, not enough room.

Democracy has won.

I have ordered.

In a highly amusing turn of events, if it gets delivered as per the lead time suggested on the website, it might get here on my wedding anniversary.

That can only go well.....

:D 

Edited by fretmeister
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Democracy has won.

I have ordered.

In a highly amusing turn of events, if it gets delivered as per the lead time suggested on the website, it get here on my wedding anniversary.

You should order her a new bass as well! 

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Democracy has won.

I have ordered.

In a highly amusing turn of events, if it gets delivered as per the lead time suggested on the website, it get here on my wedding anniversary.

Perfect timing

• Like 1

Just now, fretmeister said:

1 week down.

Am I allowed to be a mix of excited and frustrated yet? :D 

My biggest fear is that when it gets here I'll really really really feel the need to get a new head to go with it.

Of course

and yes - get a new head - it wants you to

11 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

HOLY CRAP

It's arriving tomorrow!!!

That's only 2 weeks!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Forget the cheddar - what amp are you gonna get to bring out the flavour**?!

(**see earlier, we've not forgotten...)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Fan noise! Was mental.

4m warm up time was annoying too. 

Gotcha. Few of us love having mental fan noise! Except, of course, when they are punters at our gigs 😁

But if you could have the Mesa tone without the noisy fan? My Mesa M6 definitely has a noticeable (but not overpowering) fan. However it's pretty instantly lost when I start playing and then the tone just shines through.

And I suspect the new hybrids are even quieter - but that would be a question for @agedhorse to confirm. If they are, would you not be a little tempted by the new Mesa TT-800?

The tracking number on the delivery has mysteriously stopped working.

I seem to recall when I got my first One10 the "It's on the way" email from the courier was not actually correct and it was a day early.

I've emailed BF to ask them to confirm whether it's coming today or not. I could really do with nipping out to the shop for a few things but I don't want to miss it if it is coming.