Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Super Twin. Shall I? UPDATE: "out for delivery"

fretmeister

Shall I order a Barefaced Super Twin today?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Shall I order a Barefaced Super Twin today?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, fretmeister said:

3 noes so far.

Assuming one of them is my wife.

Only 'cos if you want to play a bit of slap, she and I are of the view that a BB2 might meet your needs better! 😉

Particularly if you're pairing with a warm MB head.

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Only 'cos if you want to play a bit of slap, she and I are of the view that a BB2 might meet your needs better! 😉

Particularly if you're pairing with a warm MB head.

But I like old P bass slap! Freddie Washington, not Marcus!

And it’s only for 2 tunes in the massive set list for the big band.

Edited by fretmeister

9 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

But I like old P bass slap! Freddie Washington, not Marcus!

And it’s only for 2 tunes in the massive set list for the big band.

Noted. I'm sticking with my recommendation! 

A 2x12 will be great, though. And if so, don't discount the Berg CN212 - seriously your ears will love you. A/B them before pulling the trigger, if you can. I've had both the Berg and the SC and personally I'd go for the Berg ahead of two BF SCs, which is what your ST will be.

30 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I had a pair of CN12 for a while.

They were ok, but I wasn’t massively impressed.

Ah ok - in which case no arguing with that! ST it is for you then, matey. But you're gonna need scratch your BB2 itch at some point. Just sayin'...

Out of interest what was it that didn't cut the mustard with your Bergs?

It was something in the mids that I couldn’t dial out. Was a few years ago so difficult to fully remember. I had a pair of HD112 and swapped to the pair of CN112 for weight saving but didn’t like them nearly as much. They just didn’t have the same weight to the sound. Then the BF One10 came along and sounded great and was even lighter.

I did think about the SC and BB2, but decided that if I was getting a bigger cab, then I want wheels too.

I ruled out the Six10 for transport and boot space reasons. I still need to get me and 2 passengers in the car with a bass, cab, amp etc. 

As it happens I’m just about to do a full measure up of the boot just to check everything before I take the plunge.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Oh, I will be keeping the pair of One10 cabs, at least until I’ve used the ST in anger. Whether that is this year or next only time will tell.

It’s great to have both, they will give you massively different things depending on your situation and it leaves you 3 rigs 

2 x 110

ST

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, fretmeister said:

I had a pair of CN12 for a while.

They were ok, but I wasn’t massively impressed.

I had a Berg CN212 for 3 gigs - had to sell it for vet bills - but the band preferred my pair of BB2 cabs which will be pretty close to the sound of a Super Twin. And I did as well tbh. The Berg didn't fill the room like the Barefaced stack did - the dispersion didn't seem so good. So my vote is an emphatic yes! 

4 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Votes  So far, 16 yes and. 3 no.

As before I’m assuming the wife is a no, and now that I think about it, Alex is probably a yes! 

Let's cut to chase:

Basschat BF owners past and present - 5,164  votes YES

Wife - 1 vote NO

Outcome? 😁

Just now, fretmeister said:

Might need a quid or 2 from them to crowdfund the divorce!

Mate a BF cab is good, but even Alex wouldn't say that they were that good 😁

If it had been a Wal bass we were talking about, now obviously that's an altogether different matter!

Go for it, the Super Twin seems to be just right for your needs.

Me, I prefer my 2 x SC with a Mesa Subway D800 or Fender Rumble HD800. I don't need all that high end stuff the SC range suits me fine with the flexibility of 1 or 2 cabs as required. 

PS wife issue. 

I 've always hidden a new bass under the bed in our spare bedroom for a couple of weeks and slowly added it the  rack in the music room without too much fuss.  Not sure if you can manage to get the Super Twin under your bed. Cheaper than a divorce 😂

• Haha 1