Why become a member? ×

NBD Dingwall loveliness

artisan

well it was Friday actually 😅 

I struggled to sell my D roc which was a surprise,so contacted Mark at Bass Direct who gave me a very generous trade in offer against a Canadian Dingwall.

So here it is,my gorgeous ABZ & I couldn't be happier,it makes a fantastic partner for my Combustion.

Ash body,Wenge fretboard & totally passive.20200718_130710.thumb.jpg.c7d6eb43348d295e695fbe0c44687575.jpg

Compared to the Chinese made Dingwall I have to say the Canadian made one is definitely of a much higher quality & it shows when playing it.

Not that I'd dis a Chinese Dingwall,they too are totally awesome basses.

20200718_130735.jpg

20200718_130728.jpg

20200719_134358.jpg

Edited by artisan
  • Like 10

Congrats!!

and I do agree about the jump in...well just about everything when you go Canadian.  The Chinese basses are a great introduction to Dingwall but the Afterburners and Z basses are something else entirely :) 

• Like 1

I've had a sh*tload of Dingwalls: Prima 6, Sklar, Super J4, Super J5, Super P4, Super P5 and an Afterburner I 5 string HS; the ones I favour are the all passive Super P4 and ABI. ABZ is the barebone gem: no dead meat, just plain good bass.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

Happy NBD from a fellow Dingwaller. Are the controls Volume, Tone, P/U Selector? And is the tone the regular sort, or does it cut mids when turned past a notch at the mid point?

Cheers.

Yes the pickup selector is the middle knob.

As far as I know the tone control is a standard one,but I'm not certain as I've not really touched it much.

20 minutes ago, artisan said:

Cheers.

Yes the pickup selector is the middle knob.

As far as I know the tone control is a standard one,but I'm not certain as I've not really touched it much.

Yeah the Afterburner I tried had a standard (treble roll-off) tone control. My Super PZ5 scoops the mids (passively) after the mid-point on the tone control.

15 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

Happy NBD from a fellow Dingwaller. Are the controls Volume, Tone, P/U Selector? And is the tone the regular sort, or does it cut mids when turned past a notch at the mid point?

The tone control you’re referring to is their “Tone Fusion” pot, which I believe they only use on their passive Super series basses.