Why become a member? ×

Any one used Reverb Site to buy?

PaulThePlug

Bass listed on Reverb... Collection Only... which is local to me. but all i have is an Area Postcode / SE London

But, e-mail trail, Bass looks good in pics, I made an offer which he accepted.

Does not want Cash on Collection - Wants Payment cleared before he gives any details for collection - Happy to pay-pal on collection - Strange?

Not keen on paying up front, when i have no details on where to collect and only have the pics to go by - listing is no returns, but he isnt delivering...

Not familiar with Reverb

Head says NO - Heart says NBD!

Who knows what?

Edited by PaulThePlug

Reverb is great BUT it can be frustrating as a buyer as it’s a little more laid back than eBay. Not unusual to buy something, pay for it and not hear from the seller for quite a while. I bough a guitar there a while back and got a refund because the seller said ‘it’s not a great time for me to send, might be a few weeks’. I’d take that on BC from someone I know, but not From a seller I don’t on a dedicated sales forum! 

The thing is even if he gave you an address, who's to say it's genuine? Also he could easily give you a contact number, verbally entice you into paying him and then just bin the sim card. If I were you I'd would follow my head. There's far too many scammers out there! especially when it comes to musical Instruments.

8 minutes ago, Burns-bass said:

Traders often prefer using PayPal as it creates an audit trail. 

I have just tried to sell an acoustic guitar on Reverb. Fortunately it ended up being bought via a Facebook site instead, but I think that is the way I would have gone if it had sold on Reverb. 

Funnily enough, the guy who bought it seemed a bit surprised when I suggested cash on delivery - I think he was expecting me to ask for him to send me the money first... 

1 hour ago, Roger2611 said:

Personally, I would walk away from anyone not prepared to take cash on collection!

Could be an innocent Covid19 precaution? Most places don't want to touch cash at the moment.

I actually received my first Reverb purchase on Friday and all went well. Different circumstances to this though as it was shipped from Japan so there was a very comprehensive electronic trail involved.