Why become a member? ×

Squire Classic vibe 50 s p bass

Daveox

Yup. Had two of these, and it wasn't funny in the least. Real bass players always trying my CV 50s P basses against my San Luis Obispo StingRays and Bongos and going: "WOW! I'm sooo impressed with those Squiers!", and me trying: "Hey man, I spent 3,000 quid on that lim.ed. Music Man", and they: "Yeah, but those Squiers!", and me: "Yeah, but..."
😐

IMHO: seriously secure buys, but not specifically lightweight - just average.

Edited by BassTractor

21 hours ago, Daveox said:

Does anyone have one of these or tried it? Apparently it’s a pine body? So I’m guessing it’s very light?

a basic bass but I’ve seen some good reviews just wondering does anyone have any experience good or bad

I really liked mine. It was an early butterscotch ones. The neck a bit chunkier than other incarnations as far as I could tell, but not in a bad way. It was not light, 'though. 

21 hours ago, Daveox said:

Does anyone have one of these or tried it? Apparently it’s a pine body? So I’m guessing it’s very light?

The current ones are pine but previously I think they were basswood or alder.  I don't know if pine is less dense than alder?