Why become a member? ×

SWR SM900 Amp - £295 - See Pics Below
£375
Mansfield

Rickytwo

Part of my Retirement Sale - Please see other items

If you are looking at this then you probably know exactly what it is and what it is capable of. If you have any questions re power, dimensions, weight etc then please give me a call.

SWR SM900 Amp see details below

Here's more details from SWR; 

The SM-900 is truly the “State of SWR’s Art” in bass amplification electronics. The SM-900 is only 
slightly deeper and heavier than the SM-500, yet delivers twice the power and includes new fea- 
tures such as our very flexible tone section. Along with shelving-type Bass and Treble controls, the 
equalization section consists of two independent 3-band semi-parametric EQs. This provides the 
user with two analog presets via a silent footswitch, or three presets (EQ 1, EQ 2, or EQ 1+2) 
using the manual slide switch located on the front panel. You can now go from a solid groove 
sound to soloing with just the tap of your foot. Several suggested EQ settings are included in the 
tone section of this manual. 

The SM-900 also boasts a studio-oriented “side chain” effects loop allowing the user the diversity 
of an effects unit while maintaining the constant clarity and natural tone of the instrument. SWR’s 
exclusive “To Tuner” jack is also on a side chain. Remember when you had to unplug your bass 
from your amp and hook into your tuner and frantically tune up between songs? Or patch the tuner between your instrument and amp, thus degrading sound quality? Those times are history. 
Add to the above both stereo and mono effects loops, stereo/mono operation of the power amps, 
biamp capabilities, up to 900 watts RMS of power, an extremely quiet preamp, a “non-pumping” 
limiter, complete recording ability, and SWR’s proven reliability and sound quality, and you have what we feel is the best bass amplifier made anywhere in the world. 
Every Professional Series product from SWR Sound Corporation is manufactured and hand-built in 
Sun Valley, California, USA. 

SM-900 SPECIFICATIONS 

Note: All measurements were taken with a line voltage of 120VAC. All noise specifications are 
“unweighted.” All voltages and watts are “RMS.” 

POWER (minimum): 
Bridge/Mono Mode 
900 Watts @ 4 Ohms 
650 Watts @ 8 Ohms 
440 Watts @ 16 Ohms 
(minimum load = 4 Ohms) 

Stereo Mode (per side) 
400 watts @ 4 Ohms 
240 watts @ 8 Ohms 
144 watts @ 16 ohms 
(minimum load = 2 Ohms) 
FREQUENCY RESPONSE (power amplifiers): –3dB @ 20 Hz and 40kHz 
SENSITIVITY (full output, 8 ohm load, 100 Hz): 
Passive Input Jack: 50 millivolts 
Active Input Jack: 200 millivolts 
Power Amplifier (Effects Return Jack “in”): 1.6 volts 
INPUT IMPEDANCE 
Passive/Active Input: 800kohms 
Active Input: 60kohms 
Effects Return: 27kohms 
OUTPUT IMPEDANCE 
Effects Send: 100 ohms 
Tuner Send: 100 ohms 
XLR Balanced Out: 750 ohms 
Crossover High and Low Outs: 100 ohms 
SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: –75 dB (< 8 millivolts typical) 
EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE: 8.9 microvolts 
DISTORTION: Power Amplifiers (Effects Return jack “in”): 0.03% THD I.M. Distortion: 0.06 % 
System Distortion (gain & master volume full, Aural Enhancer at min., tone controls flat): 0.4 % 

Comes with foot switch, manual, brochure, cleaning cloth and registration card. Also included is the power converter. (Yellow brick style) 

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4692.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

IMG_4695.JPG

Edited by Rickytwo
Traveler's removed as now sold
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • Rickytwo changed the title to SWR SM900 Amp - £325 -**Price Drop**
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Yes it is. I've had some interest but nothing firm yet. I've no problem selling it outside of the UK providing I've received cleared funds and that you've arranged the courier. Please note that the amp is heavy as is the yellow box type mains electric converter. It could therefore prove quite costly to get it to you.

Colin

• 1 month later...

A very long time ago I had Boogie D-180 head which needed a stepdown transformer.

I asked the guitar shop if there was any way of doing away with it. They said no. So I carried it around. Then I asked my brother who is a qualified Electrical Engineer and he opened it, took a different tap off the mains transformer (apparently!) and I could plug it into the wall quite happily. I am NOT saying you can definitely do that with this, but it would certainly be an option to look at. A proper tech (likely to NOT be your local guitar shop) could change the internal transformer in the amp and it would be all good. At this price you would be a fool not to snap it up if it even remotely matches your amp needs.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had an Ampeg SVT4 Pro US built and external transformer. Local tech changed out the transformer completely with part supplied from Ampeg. Was back in 2012 and cant remember what cost was for the Ampeg transformer.

Looks like a fantastic amp too.

Dave

I had a US spec Boogie D180. Local amp tech said it was unconvertable. My brother who is an electrical engineer and more motivated took a different tap off the transformer and it worked like we would all hoped it would. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Owen said:

I had a US spec Boogie D180. Local amp tech said it was unconvertable. My brother who is an electrical engineer and more motivated took a different tap off the transformer and it worked like we would all hoped it would. 

Ha Ha Ha Owen my comment was in response to yours earlier in the thread but just realised it was dated 2021. :laugh1:

Dave

Might be worth showing a pic of the inside and the transformer as it could help someone decide.

The external transformer you are using looks a bit on the hefty side. I had a smaller one for the Ampeg SVT i eventually got converted.

Dave

4 minutes ago, dmccombe7 said:

Ha Ha Ha Owen my comment was in response to yours earlier in the thread but just realised it was dated 2021. :laugh1:

Dave

Worryingly, I have repeated myself. Shocking lack of attention to detail. This is stil a monster amp though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Owen said:

Worryingly, I have repeated myself. Shocking lack of attention to detail. This is stil a monster amp though. 

100% a bit of an amp legend. It has so many features. If i wasn't waiting on my new amp i might have gone for this.

Dave

• 3 months later...

SWR's were fitted with transformers that had taps for various international voltages, so they could be safely wired for UK voltage.  However they stopped doing it around the late 90's as I recall, possibly a bit earlier.  The stuff with "SWR Engineering" written on the back was multi-tap, but later amps with "SWR Sound Corporation" probably aren't.   This is from memory, so dates are approx.  The company got sold to its accountant...say no more...

• 4 months later...

There's one near me for sale for 300 euro... seems a bit of overkill seeing as I just bought my first bass after 20 years and wnt something for occasional home practice.... or is it   🤔

Edited by G-Lo
Deambiguising

• Rickytwo changed the title to SWR SM900 Amp - £295 - See Pics Below