Why become a member? ×

Lost My Main Gig

stewblack

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

I played with one of my 'part time' bands yesterday. Boy was that good therapy. Mellow set with a couple of the guys out, so drummer used cajon and I stripped back to more rythmic, basic playing. We were outside early start and finish, and a largish crowd were sat relaxing in the sun and were highly appreciative.

When I get on top of this something else will come along, just need patience.

IMG_20200719_130245.jpg

You’ve kept your pole dancing skills under wraps. Respect!😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hope you can manage to get through this Stew, and remain positive. From your posts on here your outlook and attitude will overcome what will hopefully be a temporary blip. Good luck in the meantime, all the best. Pete.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Sorry to hear that Stu.

If it makes you feel any better I may have lost one of mine too. There's reshuffling at the record company, but I think it's the new MD- they often like to bring in 'their guys' and I felt that he probably had a bass player he wanted to use right from the off. Seeing it coming doesn't stop it feeling crappy, having played with the artist for years before the MD arrived, but does take the edge off a bit. At least I can let go of that niggling feeling that someone's mate was waiting in the wings and dedicate a bit more time to other bands. Onwards and upwards for us both.

Look after yourself mate, Andy

That sucks Andy, keep your head up mate. 

Stu: so sorry to read and learn about this. You are an inspiration to others on here and are always there to help us out with our niggles. So now's the time for us to try and help you navigate a way through this. (PM me if  you think a one-to-one sharing might help). All the best, bass brother.

• Thanks 1