Why become a member? ×

Low power valve power amp

Thunderpaws

Hi. Does anyone make a low power valve power amp. I’m thinking that pre amps are so popular and I have for bass and for guitar. I’d love a valve power amp that ranges from something like 2 to 20 watts to use along with the pre amps. Could make a great pedal board in to power amp for rehearsal or recording and be very flexible. 

Although high priced, the SWR Interstellar Overdrive is in my favourite list. There is also one small black tube amp, which would work. German brand, just a sec, yes, H&K, and their half rack Cream Machine. There were also other models like Blues, Crunch, and Metal Master.

33 minutes ago, itu said:

There is also one small black tube amp, which would work. German brand, just a sec, yes, H&K, and their half rack Cream Machine. There were also other models like Blues, Crunch, and Metal Master.

I had the Cream Machine. You could connect a speaker and get one very dirty watt of guitar through it. I knew about the other preamps but I didn’t know they did a power amp module.