Why become a member? ×

Jazzmaster bass with Stingray/Humbucket pickup

Thunderpaws

I stumbled across this bass whilst trawling the internet. I have a Precision and a Jazz already but have been hankering over a Stingray, though my friend recently bought an Ian Thornley signature Suhr guitar which looks and plays marvellously. Anyhow; I don’t think anyone makes anything like this for below £1000 and I think the aesthetics are amazing and the sound would rock, especially if the pup was moved in to a stingray position. 
I think the best option might be to get Warmoth to route a humbucker pickup in a Jaguar Bass Body and get a neck there too and build it up myself...anyone got any other ideas? 

9DCC915E-49E1-48FF-B894-D0F3895CCDD9.jpeg

6 hours ago, James Nada said:

This may or may not help, but Squier produced a Jaguar bass with a humbucker a few years back.

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/squier-vintage-modified-jaguar-bass-special-hb-silver/44292

Thanks for that. Interesting indeed. With all the paranormal, etc... stuff that Fender is doing at the moment I’m surprised they don’t have a modern version.