Why become a member? ×

I need this

Thunderbird

Big Jackson fan and huge Megadeth fan what do you guys think of this not really sure why it is a Dave Ellefson signature as I have never seen him play one but it is a little like his old Peavey signature bass but on most recent Youtube videos he uses his trusty old signature bass but I still need this lol

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/basses/x-series-signature-david-ellefson-concert-bass-cbxm-iv/2916741503

Edited by Thunderbird
  • Like 1

I'm intrigued as I've always fancied a five string version of my Fender Power Jazz Bass Special. The specs are very similar, maybe not seen in other off the shelf instruments. The reverse P-J, the EMG active electronics, the 21 fret layout.. I think I wanna try one out!

1 hour ago, Dood said:

I'm intrigued as I've always fancied a five string version of my Fender Power Jazz Bass Special. The specs are very similar, maybe not seen in other off the shelf instruments. The reverse P-J, the EMG active electronics, the 21 fret layout.. I think I wanna try one out!

I have the mk 1 with the humbucker and emg electronics and it's awesome so much versatility and the neck is lovely on mine and it's not too heavy I think you will like it and the new one is not to metal if you get me so could be used in lots of different settings and as Fender own Jackson now might be much like your jazz special 

Edited by Thunderbird
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I was waiting for him to go through the controls. Described everything including the battery compartment, but didn't bother with the knobs on the front. Weird.

I'm assuming it's volume pan bass mids and treble that's the normal set up on the DE basses 

• Like 1

Well that is nice.

I have never taken much notice of Jackson basses as the headstock & body shapes did not appeal to me. BUT this really does present something kinda different at a very reasonable price point. I like the neck scheme of compound radius, carbon reinforcement & thumb wheel truss rod adjustment at the heel. Understated head stock and potentially a wide variety of tonal options. Might just be my first non Fender/ Gibson acquisition. Look forward to hearing some personal reviews. 

Didn't know Fender owned Jackson🤐

Edited by JohnDaBass
Spelling

I know I'm a member of Obsessives Anon, but is anyone else irritated by four tuners on one side of the headstock and one on the other? 2+3 looks so much better. Right, now I've got that out of the way, I'm off to repair my spec's with Sellotape 🤔 

Edited by Dan Dare
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dan Dare said:

I know I'm a member of Obsessives Anon, but is anyone else irritated by four tuners on one side of the headstock and one on the other? 2+3 looks so much better. Right, now I've got that out of the way, I'm off to repair my spec's with Sellotape 🤔 

It's not just you. 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

On a hand it would look weird to have three fingers on one side and two thumbs on the other.

No.  It doesn't irritate me.

4 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

The one that is really singing to me is the 30th Anniversary X concert bass 4 or 5

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/basses/x-series-signature-david-ellefson-30th-anniversary-concert-bass-cbx-iv/2917804521

Nah, not for me, headstock too long, odd body shape and difficult to get a decent case  to fit. 

Not for me

6 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

Nah, not for me, headstock too long, odd body shape and difficult to get a decent case  to fit. 

Not for me

Hmmmm - it’s not too dissimilar to a P bass body shape, or indeed any other shape in the concert bass range aside from contours, maybe the upper horn a bit longer?

Cant see the headstock being overtly elongated in comparison to a ‘normal’ one. Doubt it’s more difficult to get a case to fit compared to a Hamer 12 string headstock, and that fits into normal decent bags

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Like 1