Why become a member? ×

NBD: Yamaha RBX765A

Jellyfish

Thought I'd share some pictures of my recently-purchased Yamaha RBX765A! I've always had a thing for Yamaha so I had to take a punt when this one came up for sale at a good price. 

It's got an alder body with a lovely Ash top (I tried to capture some of the figuring in the photos) and a maple neck. The electronics are awesome and I love that the bridge pickup isn't tinny or weak - it stands up by itself easily. As a bonus, it's had Hipshot Ultralite tuners fitted and has recently been setup so it plays beautifully. 

Not too sure if I'll be holding onto it but for now, enjoy the pics! 

uBWgJTV.jpg

TOAk5iS.jpg

HW0WGEZ.jpg

s3JvTu7.jpg

FoDtqmq.jpg

GNJ78ti.jpg

t17B5wy.jpg

• Like 5

They did an advert in ‘bassist’ magazine For these which was a colourful whole page affair.

I thought these were the absolute pinnacle of bass guitar design, lovely looking basses.

I had the ad stuck on one of my school work books.

4E17A47B-B9D5-48AB-8DA0-C7A7EB6A13B6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, AndyTravis said:

They did an advert in ‘bassist’ magazine For these which was a colourful whole page affair.

I thought these were the absolute pinnacle of bass guitar design, lovely looking basses.

I had the ad stuck on one of my school work books.

4E17A47B-B9D5-48AB-8DA0-C7A7EB6A13B6.jpeg

That's the most ridiculous advert for a bass I've ever seen... 😅 

• Haha 1

I had the red version of this as my first 5 string, I loved mine, in the end I sold it to a friend who is still using it, great sound and very comfortable to play, I had mine string with DR Marcus Miller strings and it was a very nice sound. Worked well with picato flats as well. 

Matt

5 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

That is really nice.  I love the 90s look. A lot of modern basses try and pull off the style but never seem to get it quite right. Did you pay much for her?

It was £160 shipped. I perhaps could have waited for a cheaper one but it felt right... :) 

5 hours ago, Matt P said:

I had the red version of this as my first 5 string, I loved mine, in the end I sold it to a friend who is still using it, great sound and very comfortable to play, I had mine string with DR Marcus Miller strings and it was a very nice sound. Worked well with picato flats as well. 

Matt

I always hesitate to put flats on active basses but this one's a bit of a spare at the moment so I might have to give it a go.

I got round to taking some nice(r) pictures in the garden. I do love the colour and the gold hardware really 'sets it off' (in my humble opinion) :) 

hI66Vg7.jpg

JpBUkN3.jpg

aAyhQ5j.jpg

j2zalPc.jpg

MkqPdiE.jpg

NRCAECT.jpg

60iQhgE.jpg