Why become a member? ×

Can you name the bassist by the bass?

Cestrian

31 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

More like guess the bassist by the widely used stock photo or their clothes. I got 14. If just the pics of the bass were included and the bodies had been brushed out I'd have got Bootsy and that's about it.

Yep. I'd have got a few but not all of them for sure.

45 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

More like guess the bassist by the widely used stock photo or their clothes. I got 14. If just the pics of the bass were included and the bodies had been brushed out I'd have got Bootsy and that's about it.

I got 14. 

Just went through it again and if it it had just been photos of the basses I'd have only got 5 definitely. I might have got another 7 by process of elimination for the multiple choice options, but what I could see of the players certainly helped.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Likewise Mr 'Arris's West Ham P. 

Well, to me not so, I thought his bass was a different colour. I just recognised him by the trousers. Some people you need a clue. I recognised Jamerson by the finger.

Probably Jacos bass is quite distinctive

Seems they missed a few tricks though as some of the other options they give you you could actually recognise by the bass, such as Les Claypool, Chris Squire,  Nikki Sixx, etc.

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Anyone else unable to see this? Either by following the link or searching reverb itself all I get is a big blank 

Looks like your phone doesn't like whatever widget Reverb have used to run the quiz in. Works fine on my ancient iPhone.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

Looks like your phone doesn't like whatever widget Reverb have used to run the quiz in. Works fine on my ancient iPhone.

Worked fine on my v old iPhone too - i got 12/15 - got the double bassist wrong and a couple of others (black single pick up plus one other which I can't remember)! 

Edited by drTStingray

I got 14/15 - surprised at how many I actually knew rather than guessed. Funnily enough, the one I didn't get was Flea as I don't think that it was a Stingray in the picture (or was it one without a scratchplate) and I didn't think that he had enough tattoos...! 

Just tried the guitarist one.

I got 9/15. Only 4 would have been obvious to me from just the guitar. The other 5 were helped by the rest of the photo and the choices available. Of the 6 I didn't get, 2 were unlucky guesses and 4 were ones I didn't know at all.