Why become a member? ×

HX Effects Octave up any good?

Jonathan Bee

Hey JB, it's pretty good.

Although using the same patch set at - 12 rather than +12, I prefer the octave down on the Helix, probably because the small amount of latency is more noticeable on octave up.

It is a little tinny and my Digitech Mosaic is an improvement (it's really very good!), but that's a single effect dedicated box. But if you're after a truly authentic, latency free octave up, then there is only one solution - an 8 string bass! 

• Thanks 1

@Jonathan Bee

Managed to get my little Lekato looper set up and running this week which btw is a massive improvement on the Helix (and Zoom) looper! Here's a few promised clips demoing the Helix octave up, and A/B with the Digitech Mosaic, which I think you'll agree is better still. 

Octave up - Helix & Mosaic.zip

Edited by Al Krow
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

@Jonathan Bee

Managed to get my little Lekato looper set up and running this week which btw is a massive improvement on the Helix (and Zoom) looper! Here's a few promised clips demoing the Helix octave up, and A/B with the Digitech Mosaic, which I think you'll agree is better still. 

Octave up - Helix & Mosaic.zip 10.92 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks so much @Al Krow  🙂 Very generous and thorough of you! I agree the mosaic sounds better on single lines, but on chords I thought it sounded a bit muddy, where as the Helix sounded bright and clear... with a bit of reverb and eq or filtering could sound sweet I reckon. For single lines I prefer the sound of the micropog so far. I don't think I'll be departing from it yet.