Why become a member? ×

Gentle Giant "reunite" in video, playing Proclamation in 2020

BassTractor

Gentle Giant reunited of sorts forty years after disbanding,  in that seven of its eight past members contributed to a fan initiative where a 100 or so people sent in a vid of themselves playing "Proclamation", and Noah Shulman (son of GG member Derek Shulman) edited those into one vid.
I'd say: awesome within its scope and limitations.

article with video: 
https://www.loudersound.com/news/gentle-giant-premiere-fan-video-of-proclamation

video only:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjFP8gildU

Edited by BassTractor

Brilliant isn't it. As well as the aforementioned Gentles, there's also Jakko Jakszyk, Lee Pomeroy and probably a load of others I should recognise (as well the host of talented regular fans of course)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toneknob said:

Brilliant isn't it. As well as the aforementioned Gentles, there's also Jakko Jakszyk, Lee Pomeroy and probably a load of others I should recognise (as well the host of talented regular fans of course)

Innit.
The whole thing originated in the On-Reflection e-mail list. We started to organise gatherings roughly 25 years ago, after an attempt at a reunion, and the band members became interested in this 20 years ago. Part of the success is in people most of the time not behaving like fans but like adults.
Most of the time. 🙂 
Amongst the regular fans are some professional musicians, but AFAIK there were no rehearsals, and no interaction about timing. I gather everyone just played along to a CD and sent the vid.

11 hours ago, BassTractor said:

Innit.
The whole thing originated in the On-Reflection e-mail list. We started to organise gatherings roughly 25 years ago, after an attempt at a reunion, and the band members became interested in this 20 years ago. Part of the success is in people most of the time not behaving like fans but like adults.
Most of the time. 🙂 
Amongst the regular fans are some professional musicians, but AFAIK there were no rehearsals, and no interaction about timing. I gather everyone just played along to a CD and sent the vid.

Yep I'd need 25 years to learn a Gentle Giant song.