Why become a member? ×

Are Cog Effects still a going concern?

BillyBass

9 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

I saw it on eBay once and very nearly went for it. 

I made a couple of offers on it that time, but the guy wasn't for budging on his asking price, which was ASTRONOMICAL given what I paid to have it made in the first place and especially considering what I sold it for. Maybe not THAT high considering what they're going for now though!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

I made a couple of offers on it that time, but the guy wasn't for budging on his asking price, which was ASTRONOMICAL given what I paid to have it made in the first place and especially considering what I sold it for. Maybe not THAT high considering what they're going for now though!

That's a shame, particularly as you had it made. If Tom opens up custom orders again perhaps you can have something else made: Terminator 2?

I've tried to be very careful with purchases; it's true that the prices on the COG website have gone up (as they have with every manufacturer because of increased input costs) but, with the odd exception, I've found people on here, Talkbass, Reverb and the like to be fair with their asking prices. There are some I wanted but just couldn't justify the expense. The pricing of custom units is tricky because there's a tension between rarity and the spec just having been made to suit a single person.

Compared to a couple of years ago there are a lot of COG pedals on Reverb but the demand for them has risen (although I would say the asking price for some I've seen is still very high given current availability). Hopefully pedals will continue to be regularly released and more people will get to play them (noting here that I have hoarded mine so sorry to those that wanted to play them).

Edited by admiralchew

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Dammit, might be forced to sell my T-47 if my other gear continues to not sell despite good prices, as I know the Cog will be gone in seconds. 

I have no idea how that nemisis hasn’t gone? It’s one of the cheaper I’ve seen

On 08/04/2024 at 19:03, Quatschmacher said:

Dammit, might be forced to sell my T-47 if my other gear continues to not sell despite good prices, as I know the Cog will be gone in seconds. 

Managed to sell my MXR VBO instead. 

• Like 3