horrorshowbass

Help me pick my music (man)

Hi guys, 

quick update after playing around.

Bass is finished well, nice and light. Comparable neck to my SR600. Quality is right up there, was set up perfectly.

I haven't plugged in yet, just been doing the slappa da bass flea lines :). 

These are great quality and don't feel like beginner instruments. I haven't played a full blown EBMM so cant compare but this is a lot of bass for the money. Great way to get started with EBMM.

IMG-20200720-WA0040.jpeg

• Like 4

Well happy with this bass lads. Still getting used to the pickup position ('used to jazz bass).

Great instrument, don't hesitate if looking for one😁

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ozzy555
      Hi Everyone! 
      New to this site and so I thought I'd start by sharing a purchase I made back in June this year. 
      The 2020 Sterling by Musicman Stingray 34 with swamp Ash Black body and roasted maple neck. This is my first Stingray Bass as I usually play Jazz Basses. Had seen this on the official Sterling site and was blown away with how great it looked. A 'BFR' inspired design they say on the site. Purchased it from a site called Project Music who had only one due in so snapped it up pretty quickly. 
      As I say, my first Stingray so other than a 1990 USA Stingray I borrowed and played for a couple of week's I don't have much to compare it with. I'll start by saying it's loud, very loud although I do usually play passive Basses and one other active Jazz which has nothing on this things volume. 3 band EQ seems fine, plenty of tones can be dialed in easily. Not sure whether the bass boost lacks in the real boomy end. The body looks great with the white grain showing through and is well finished. This is a lump of a bass! May remove the clear scratch plate as after cleaning the bass after use there is quite a bit of dust build up underneath which can become visible. The roasted maple neck is lovely and plays really well. Had to file down the nut edges as they weren't particularly well finished and sharp to touch. I guess that's the real difference when it comes to Indonesian made vs USA made Musicmans. And of course love the all black hardware. 
      Been very pleased with it so far. Not had the opportunity to gig with it as yet due to you know what but have used for online recordings and jamming at home and really feels great to play. 
      Any Stingray players out there recommend any mods at all? I've read that people tend to swap out the standard preamp for something a bit hotter like Aguilars OBP 3. Anyone ever done so and felt the benefits? 
      Have added some pics 😊
      Let me know your thoughts, Q's etc
      Ozzy

• By horrorshowbass
      Hey guys, 
      Any tips on how to stealth up my sub 4 in black?
      I have sourced gotoh tuners and cheap black knobs in ebay. Might spray screws black myself😄 needs a black bridge now....

• By Mikkel-S
      Up for sale is this rare Stingray. Its a 2011 Ball Family Reserve (BFR) "Black Sugar". Its hands down the best Stingray I have put my hands on. However I am in dire need to raise some funds so this baby has to go.
      It has a gorgeous roasted birdseye maple neck, ebony fingerboard and a awesome black sparkle finish that this golden hue to it. Its VERY hard to photograph but I will try when the sun comes through again! 
      The bass is ... well, mind-blowing! Its perfection if you dig Stingrays. The neck is an absolute piece of art. The sound is pure bass bliss! 
      Its a very resonant and "happy" bass and in Stingray terms, light bass. It weighs in at 4.1 on my kitchen scale. 
      It has been played! So it has signs of wear! It is well kept but It has some very light scratching on the body and a small knick in the pick guard.. Almost impossible to photograph. 
      Comes with all hang tags, certificate and case. 
      Freshly strung with slinkys and given a proper clean. 
      Price is 2000€ ... (1800£ with current conversion rate). 
      Ships from Denmark on buyers expense. 

• By Jah Wibble
      Hi All, been a long time.
      Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the new Musicman specials? Worth the hype? Read good things about them. 
      I used to have a musicman in the mid noughtys but never got on with it (neck was too wide for my playing I think)
      Before dropping a flip ton of money on one I wanted to find out what the score was with them.
      Hope everyone is well.