Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dolphin SN TCS 4-string
£1400
The Netherlands/Germany

Quasar79

I bought this bass almost a year ago from a great seller on this forum. It is the most special/unique bass i have ever played, and i really love the sound, but i just don't pick him up to play my songs...and that is a pity because he deserves to be played.

This is a Dolphin SN TCS, 4 strings, with set neck and tone chamber system. They did this because the bodywood (afzelia) is pretty heavy. But thanks to this wood, the sound of the bass is really low, deep, thick and punchy. You can come close to a Warwick Thumb with it's twin jazz pickups near the bridge, but you can also get a very good jazz-sound if you pull the stacked pot switch for a single coil setting. The bass is made in 2002.

Specs from the Warwick website below. The just-a-nut II is upgraded to a just-a-nut III by it's previous owner. There are some scratches but nothing serious. The white marks near the pickups will go away with a little bit of beeswax:) And then the bass looks as new! For closure i've added a few pictures where you can see that there is nothing serious in the body, but only on the surface.

Ovangkol Neck - set in to body

Afzelia body - sandwich construction with tone chambers

Natural oil finish

Wenge fingerboard

34" Scale length

Nut width 1.5"

26 jumbo bronze frets

MEC Jazz pickup and twin jazz pickup.

MEC active electronics - stacked bass and treble.

Stacked pickup blend and master volume.

Both pots are pull out switches - one is active/passive, the other splits the double j for a single coil sound.

The Dolphin is located in Germany, but i can meet in Germany or in The Netherlands. Shipping at buyers costs and risk.

No trades please.
For more information or pictures, please send a PM.

Edited by Quasar79
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DiMarco said:

Nice! A good friend of mine lives near Bad Bentheim, in Schüttorf. He's one hell of a drummer maybe you know him. Name is Andre.
I should really go and visit him again one of these days.

Nice bass! I have a Pro1 5str.

I don't know him unfortunately. But it is indeed near me! Would love to see a picture:)

• 1 year later...