Why become a member? ×

Which pickguard??

bassfan

Which Pickguard  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pickguard would you put on

I recently acquired a rather nice Sadowsky UV70. The nice people at Sadowsky shipped 3 pickguards over ...now I can’t decide as I like them all.!!! It’s a first world problem I know, but I’ve set a little poll up.. 

2F9EEA2B-AB27-42E8-85D9-B0B9D0807C82.jpeg

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

That’s a toughie. The one that really doesn’t float my boat is the black pearl.

I went for white in the end because the blocks are white.

That was my thinking. Of all of them the black Pearl just doesn’t float my boat...quite like the tort though 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Not a tourtoise fan...

White Blocks... White Plate...

If it had black blocks then black, but the pearl...

pearl makes it look more distinguised, like wearing a cravat... but elegantly understated

a 'bit', which is enough... rather than tort or paisly... gairish...

style stays, fashions fade... get a clear one...

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Out of those options the black looks best no competition.

I am an incarnate tortoise hater, looks kind of smarmy in the cheap synthetic kind of way to me, sort of gets my associations falling in line with the absolute worst sides of typical 70's style (mind there were lots of cool things about the 70's too though in my opinion), as well as somewhat reminding me of  a dirty and smelly old pub with a thick layer a nicotine and char from years of heavy smoking and far too little cleaning covering everything, including the heavily outworn and partly holed red leather covering the furniture, and accompanied by the pungent stench of urine from the, in line with the general sanitation of the place, rarely cleaned toilets and way too drunk customers persistently having failed to aim their golden bodily fluids in the direction of the devices designed for that purpose properly. 

Though if I had the option for freely choosing any pickguard for that bass I'd probably try out an anodized/oxidized copper or iron one.

Or perhaps even an engraved brown or black leather one. 

Or how about a dark wooden one, a piece of thin ebony plywood perhaps, or maybe oil treated mahogany?

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

I like to mix it up. The white ties in with the block inlays but the black ties in with the pickup and knobs. I'd alternate between those to keep it fresh. The tort kind of works as an alternative. The black pearl looks a bit too aftermarket for my tastes.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I like to mix it up. The white ties in with the block inlays but the black ties in with the pickup and knobs. I'd alternate between those to keep it fresh. The tort kind of works as an alternative. The black pearl looks a bit too aftermarket for my tastes.

Very much my thinking. 👍🏻

• Like 1