Why become a member? ×

Acinonyx from Nordstrand

Mykesbass

Interesting that it’s $799 (£636) shipped in the US but £850 special offer, normally £899 in the UK. Normally a premium added on for imports but this is basically just what you would pay if you were getting it here yourself!

Edited by skej21

23 minutes ago, skej21 said:

Interesting that it’s $799 (£636) shipped in the US but £850 special offer, normally £899 in the UK. Normally a premium added on for imports but this is basically just what you would pay if you were getting it here yourself!

Yes, did think pricing seemed a bit off, but didn't go back and check or crunch the numbers. That's pretty steep.

6 minutes ago, Lee-Man said:

Courier cost, handling fee, vat and import duty and your looking at The RRP in the UK. Also not sure $799 would be + local sales tax.

Actually, thinking about it a bit more, if Nordstrand are only selling direct in the US (i.e. no retailer/distributor cut) then they may not have a huge margin to cut the price on exports, and Bass Direct do need to make some money, so may be a fair deal after all.

Still doesn't detract from it being the first bass I have gassed after since getting my Shuker in 2012 :D

Just now, Mykesbass said:

Actually, thinking about it a bit more, if Nordstrand are only selling direct in the US (i.e. no retailer/distributor cut) then they may not have a huge margin to cut the price on exports, and Bass Direct do need to make some money, so may be a fair deal after all.

Still doesn't detract from it being the first bass I have gassed after since getting my Shuker in 2012 :D

Agreed, add in sales or goods act/warrantee in the UK the I think the BD price is about right. 

I imported some basses back when it was over two dollars to the pound. That was was some GAS fulfilled 😂

11 hours ago, Lee-Man said:

Agreed, add in sales or goods act/warrantee in the UK the I think the BD price is about right. 

This is the point i was making :) Based on the direct US price of $799, you'd expect the RRP to be £1000-1150 to cover everyone's margin and costs etc. Really impressed that it is so reasonable, landed in the UK! 

Edited by skej21
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, acidbass said:

Disappointed that Mark isn't including the Nordy Mute with his Acinoynx basses. One comes free with every instrument of the initial Nordstrand batch.

Maybe mark didn’t get any of the first 300 that included the mute?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mine arrived last weekend, with a Nordy Mute. I'm 6'4 and have a preference for large bodied wide neck basses, but plugging this in is pretty inspiring. 

The push button tone controls and pickup selector switches are a lot of fun, and for a super light passive shortscale bass, the 'series' mode is like adding a sub speaker :D

IMG_20200913_091746.jpg

IMG_20200913_091723.jpg

Edited by lawriemacmillan
  • Like 12

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 19/09/2020 at 00:17, lawriemacmillan said:

Mine arrived last weekend, with a Nordy Mute. I'm 6'4 and have a preference for large bodied wide neck basses, but plugging this in is pretty inspiring. 

The push button tone controls and pickup selector switches are a lot of fun, and for a super light passive shortscale bass, the 'series' mode is like adding a sub speaker :D

IMG_20200913_091746.jpg

IMG_20200913_091723.jpg

Crikey, that beautiful. Oh god, I want one now.... 😕

• Like 4