Poodlefaker

* SOLD* Status Matrix Series 2 for sale
£1250
BH24

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Up for grabs is my Status Matrix Series 2, this has been my back-up bass for a couple of years now and has only been used at a couple of rehearsals and home use. I had hoped that it would improve my slap playing but I think that boat has sailed. The bass is in excellent condition, no dings or scratches that I can see.

Buyer collects from New Forest area (social distancing observed) or happy to drive within a 40 mile radius to meet up if needs be. The bass comes with a generic hard case, tatty looking but it does the job.

Carbon graphite/composite through neck.

Phenolic fingerboard, 24 fret.

Scale length 34.5-inch scale.

Natural gloss finish

2 x Status Single coil pickups.

TB42 eq with bypass switch.

Controls: Volume, Pick-Up Balance, bass, treble, eq bypass switch

IMG_20200710_174731.jpg

IMG_20200710_174813.jpg

IMG_20200710_174819.jpg

IMG_20200710_174838.jpg

IMG_20200710_174900.jpg

IMG_20200710_174912.jpg

IMG_20200710_174659.jpg

Edited by Poodlefaker
Now sold
  • Like 2

Great price 😮

GLWTS

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By andytoad
      Continuing the money raising for house moves and separation....

Is my rather nice Status series 2 headed 5 string with status hardcase.

It is currently strung with flats, but i can order something else and fit if the new owner prefers.
      Book-matched maple facing
      Mahogany wings with walnut centre 'tone block'
      Satin finish

5-string woven graphite through-neck &
      Dual-action truss-rod. 24 frets with Phenolic fingerboard. 

The bridge spacing is 72mm centre of the B string to centre of the G string
      The nut spacing is 39mm B string centre to G string centre

It has a bolt on Status C neck made of graphite, but it has the middle area profile slightly flattened, so a bit like taking a C neck and shaving the profile flatter. 
      Gold hardware
      Mono-rail bridge units
      Standard 19mm string spacing
      2 Status soap-bar pickups with three-band E.Q.
      Variable midrange frequency, master volume, pickup blend control &18 volt power supply

A great bass to be sure for the next owner.
      I can be a little flexible on price within reason, pickup, play and a cuppa preferred, but can ship at the buyers expense and risk.

• By cetera
      A big potential purchase has come up and sadly I need to move on a couple of basses to help pay for it
      So, as a result, here is my lovely Hartke XK4 active bass. I always wanted one of these as I had played one in a shop approx 15 years ago and had been blown away by the massive (almost Status/Modulus graphite-sounding) active tone, striking black/chrome and brushed aluminium looks... and easily playable neck that felt like it was short-medium scale! It didn't disappoint and I've hugely enjoyed owning and playing it. Indeed, soundwise, it's been a fave of many musicians I've ever played with as it cuts through with authority and ease.
      Here's the original sales blurb from Hartke:
      Designed to Larry Hartke's specifications and featuring high quality components throughout, the XK-4 represents a more accessibly priced option for professional bassists. This precision instrument features a Poplar body coupled to a Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminum component neck system with a rock maple neck shell that provides a familiar feel and easy playability. This unique neck system consists of a lightweight aluminum aircraft extrusion welded to an aluminum triple-plated chrome headstock. It not only ensures maximum resistance to atmospheric conditions and string tension, it provides exceptionally long sustain and tuning stability over the long run. A Rosewood fretboard with ultra fat action neck finish and Nickel-Silver frets further enhance playability while the XK-4's Zero-fret design provides flawless open string response.To best capture its extraordinary sustain, tone and presence, the XK-4 is equipped with high performance passive pickups and active electronics. Other features include dual volume controls; concentric bass/treble tone controls; a chrome bridge and tuning machines and a brushed aluminum finish pickguard. Like the XL-4, there is a lifetime guarantee on the neck assembly.
      Poplar body
      34" scale length
      Vaccaro double T-Bar aluminium neck
      Chrome-plated headstock
      Rock maple neck shell
      Rosewood fretboard
      Nickel silver frets
      Zero fret for flawless open string response
      P-J passive pickups with active electronics
      Dual volume controls
      Concentric Active Bass/Treble controls
      Heavy Duty 'Hartke branded' Chrome bridge
      Gotoh Chrome tuners
      Easy access 9-volt battery compartment
      Brushed aluminium finish pickguard
      Sadly, less than 1000 of these were ever made when Vaccaro suddenly went out of business and production ceased in around 2002. Condition is excellent (especially for a 18 year old bass!) with just a couple of very light surface dings on the body edge. More pics available on request.
      These are high quality instruments and were priced at around $1000 / £800 new when they came out. I therefore feel I'm offering a bargain at just £SOLD!
      Happy to courier at your cost (prob around £50 for 24hr UPS via Interparcel).
      Payment by cash on collection (from Guildford/Woking area), Paypal (you pay all fees) or direct bank transfer.
      Please see my extensive positive feedback thread for assurance of a clean, honest transaction.

• By Raziellion
      Superb and rare Status S2 n°41 from the 80's, in very good condition for its age.
      The praise for this bass is well established, the legendary Status sound!
      It is a real collector's item with some marks on the gloss.
      Weight: 4.35 kg

Specifications:

- Carbon graphite/composite through-neck
      - Phenolic fingerboard, 24 fret
      - Scale length 34-inch scale
      - Total nut width 48mm (string spacing at nut 10mm)
      - String spacing at bridge 15mm
      - Walnut top, mahogany core
      - 2 x Status Hyperactive pickups
      - 3-band active EQ
      - Controls: Volume, Pick-Up Balance, Treble cut/boost, Bass cut/boost, active/passive switch
      - 2 x 9V battery in quick-release compartment to rear
      - Hard case
      - New Rotosound 66 Swing Bass 40 - 125 strings

Open to exchanges, I will study all proposals.

Musically

Seb

• By Cenas
      I'll put for sale this bass for excess of instruments, therefore not really into trades, but you can try me.

This bass is a war machine, with almost 30 years and it's ready to much more. It has some dings, most of them in the body, normal for the use.
      I can send some more detailed pics under different lights to see the dings, just ask.

Bass construction: graphite compost
      Fretboard: phenolic
      Pickups: hyperactive
      Preamp: 2eq + mid switch
      1600£ 1500£ 1400£

Not much more to say about it, the brand says it all. Plays really well, and sounds unique!! Full of lows, the mids cut through a band like no other and the highs are really clear.

• By big rob
      Here is my lovely Nightingale bass the pre runner to the GB rumour bass and as you can see there is plentry of DNA present.
      Was totally refinished by the previous owner and Bernie Goodfellow worked on the bass also fitting an agular obp3 pre amp.
      Also has side luminlay position markers that can be charged with blue light https://luminlay.com/featuresen.html
      The action is low the paint job is perfect and the board and fret are as now, beautiful snake wood board too. 
      Also very light.
      Only moving on as too many basses in the collection at the moment.