Why become a member? ×

FS Modulus Flea Vintage Sunburst 2007 **SOLD**
£2300

Beedster

Business and finance issues, mostly Covid related, force the sale of this and a few other bass-related items, if things change before they sell, then they will be withdrawn. 

I ordered this from Modulus in late 2007 IIRC, inspired by the identical instrument I'd seen Flea playing.......

image.thumb.png.6a9dd4b5e0be41b7b93c358059a2f6b3.png

I'd previously owned a blue sparkle version that whilst lovely, was a little too much of a statement for the type of gigs I played at the time, so wanted the Modulus Flea 'thing' with a more vintage vibe. This fit the bill 100%. I sold it when we were expecting our first child, and as things go on BC, was able to buy it back again from Walshy earlier this year. Its condition suggests that it hasn't been gigged a whole lot if at all, in fact it's pretty much immaculate, with the exception of the obligatory small dink to the very end of the headstock (and it really is very small). I'll need to dig out my old emails/receipts to confirm exactly which PUP/circuit is installed, but as I've said in previous posts, Flea Basses tend to sound like Flea Basses irrespective of PUPs and circuits; lovely fast attack, superb clarity and consistency across the strings and the board, and almost limitless sustain.

I'm asking what I paid and the price is firm. I'm not interested in trades or PX, sorry. 

I'll upload more pics later when the kids/dog are less energetic :)

image.thumb.png.590d24abed9012b51c66e4583bba8481.png

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Business and finance issues, mostly Covid related, force the sale of this and a few other bass-related items, if things change before they sell, then they will be withdrawn. 

I ordered this from Modulus in late 2007 IIRC, inspired by the identical instrument I'd seen Flea playing.......

image.thumb.png.6a9dd4b5e0be41b7b93c358059a2f6b3.png

I'd previously owned a blue sparkle version that whilst lovely, was a little too much of a statement for the type of gigs I played at the time, so wanted the Modulus Flea 'thing' with a more vintage vibe. This fit the bill 100%. I sold it when we were expecting our first child, and as things go on BC, was able to buy it back again from Walshy earlier this year. Its condition suggests that it hasn't been gigged a whole lot if at all, in fact it's pretty much immaculate, with the exception of the obligatory small dink to the very end of the headstock (and it really is very small). I'll need to dig out my old emails/receipts to confirm exactly which PUP/circuit is installed, but as I've said in previous posts, Flea Basses tend to sound like Flea Basses irrespective of PUPs and circuits; lovely fast attack, superb clarity and consistency across the strings and the board, and almost limitless sustain.

I'm asking what I paid and the price is firm. I'm not interested in trades or PX, sorry. 

I'll upload more pics later when the kids/dog are less energetic :)

image.thumb.png.590d24abed9012b51c66e4583bba8481.png

No way!!

11 minutes ago, walshy said:

No way!!

Way :(

If things pick up then I'll withdraw it, as well as the numerous other things I'm going to have to sell (I've already sold my Mesa Titan). Problem is that my work until March this year was based largely in France, so we've taken the double whammy of Brexit and Covid. I keep telling myself that it's just bass gear and that I can always buy it again if business improves and we start gigging.

I also keep telling myself that what I've just told myself is bollocks and I shouldn't sell any of it in the first place :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

Gutted for you pal, though get the lay of the land and wish you all the best. 

Thanks Dan, just a bass mate, although a rather special one, and as I mentioned to Andy this morning, the only bass I've ever ordered as opposed to simply bought, totally due to the photo at the top IIRC :)

Hope all's well

Chris

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

I see a third part to this incestuous story in the future... 

Yup already offered him it back when things change his end, I’m just a custodian

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Much love - the longer I’m here, the more I realise there’s a hard core of bass heroes on these pages.

Aye this place is pretty sweet. Only doing what I’m sure others would too I’m sure 🤘

• Like 5