alinbassplayer

**SOLD**Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string BN 2001 beautiful burgundy finish
£1600
South East London

Posted (edited)

With a heavy heart i'm putting my 2001 Warwick SS1 5 string up for sale.

When I got it 3 years ago it was in a dire situation in its original "finish", it was all scratched up and the previous owner just kept waxing without cleaning, so a lot of grime had built up, one of the original saddles was lost and had been replaced with a smaller one, and the jack plug only worked continuously in passive mode, active was interrupted.

So i replaced the whole bridge, will provide the old one for parts, i think i still have the original knobs it came with but they were just a little more tarnished and had lost their shine.

When i bought the bridge and measured everything I realized this is actually the broad neck version and not the normal one, i only had a rockbass to compare it to, and that's not a fair comparison.

2 years ago i had it professionally refinished by one of the Crimson Guitars tutors. It is now in a lovely semi satin finish, and a nice red which i think actually enhances the flamed maple, we managed to cover and clean most of the scratches but some can still be seen.

I have also installed recessed Dunlop straplocks but i can provide the original ones should anyone endeavour to install them back, i am not very skilled in woodwork and didn't want to screw it up.(get it?!)

The preamp and pickups are original, preamp is 3 band active/passive and honestly the tone out of it is unbelievable.

The neck is beautiful, a little on the thicc side, but feels very comfortable and compliments the looks and sound of the bass.

Only selling as the addition of a new bass will basically mean this will not be used at all anymore.

Original specs as per warwick serial no.

G 085969-01 

2001 Streamer Stage 1

5 string

Flamed maple AA body

Flamed maple neck

Natural oil finish(not any more)

Gold hardware

And i think the fretboard is Wenge but it's not mentioned on the specs.

It has been my main war horse for the past 2 years so it has a few newer scars, all can be seen in the photos. I keep my action pretty high as i play in A tuning. It could do with a clean and maybe a setup. Strings are fairly recent D'Daddario nickels 135 and lower.

Any questions let me know, not interested in trades, unless it's a 5 string fanned fret/headless/both. 

Offers welcome as price is not fixed.

I prefer collection only from Lewisham, London or around the South East London area.

Will come with a Hiscox Liteflite HSC.

Price drop: £1400 ONO

20200711_180640.jpg

20200711_180649.jpg

20200711_180654.jpg

20200711_180700.jpg

20200711_180707.jpg

20200711_180724.jpg

20200711_180734.jpg

20200711_180756.jpg

20200711_180805.jpg

20200711_180809.jpg

20200711_180820.jpg

20200711_180823.jpg

20200711_180835.jpg

20200711_180842.jpg

20200711_180848.jpg

20200711_180923.jpg

20200711_180934.jpg

20200711_180937.jpg

20200711_181012.jpg

20200711_181017.jpg

20200711_181040.jpg

20200711_181044.jpg

20200711_181101.jpg

20200711_181112.jpg

Edited by alinbassplayer
Status update
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, BassBus said:

Wide neck?

Yup, it is the broad neck version, even though the specs on the warwick website don't say that.

Can't believe you're letting this one go! 

GLWTS

• Like 1

Thanks @Al Krow, it just depends if i can absorb the expense of my newest addition in the coming month/s before this sells :) but honestly it's not something i'm letting go without replacing with an equal caliber beast.

That is a great looking bass.

So it is tuned in and set up for ADGCF at the moment?

What is the weight of it?

On 01/09/2020 at 11:42, DanTM said:

That is a great looking bass.

So it is tuned in and set up for ADGCF at the moment?

What is the weight of it?

Hi Dan, thank you, it is indeed, i just took it out of the case now to weigh it, and was just saying the same thing, honestly in any light, that red flamed maple just pops nicely.

It is tuned ADGCF and on my bathroom scale it weighs around the 4.7kg-4.8kg mark, currently it is the heaviest beast i have.

7 hours ago, loulou_2607 said:

Hi,

Is it a 19mm or a 20mm string to string spacing ?

Rgds

At the moment it seems to be 20mm, but it's adjustable higher or smaller, as warwick 3d bridge is almost fully adjustable.

Cheers

Alin

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 pounds but it's actually 6500 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page:

• By Matt P
      I didn't know these existed! looks like a nice through neck bass that will be very well made if it's come out of the Overwater factory.
      I don't need this but the want is strong (even though i don't generally like Active basses and i'm playing short scale a lot of the time now)
      I have asked about the string spacing and the weight, i'm just hoping they come back and say it's a boat anchor with super narrow spacing so i can pass by. 
      Link to eBay

• By cascanicoff
      I recently aquired a bass through a trade. It is a very lovely bass, but regretably it has to go, I still have too many of them. So here you are: JCR Jazzbass 5, 24 frets, all at your disposal.
      JCR (Jaume Catalá Redondo) is a Spanish luthier that is beginning to get his well deserved recognition among the best in the continent. You have already seen in Basschat a number of his gorgeous products, and they are very fantastic. Many of his basses have an obvious source of inspiration in Fodera, but this bass is diferent. We are talking of a jazzbass design with 24 frets. It reminds me a lot of such models as the Mayones Hadrien Feraud bass. I hope the colleague Mustafunk does not mind if I take his previous ad for this very bass, so that you can find all the details and some soundclips/videos (definitely much better than anything I could record myself 😔).
      The price of this bass is 1400 euro. In that sense, the 1300 pound tag established in the ad is a maximum in case the pound rate goes down, but right now 1255 pounds will do the deal. The bass is in Bilbao - Spain, in very good condition except for some mini-scratches on the horns that barely appear in the pics. I would ship it in a hardcase, also in excellent condition.
      And talking about pics, here they go:

More pics in this link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZfScK2z69usT4t6j6
      Specs are as follows:
      TOP: Maple Flamed
      BODY: American Alder
      NECK: Hard Maple
      Tension rod double action
      PREAM: Preamp Glockenklang 3 b (active pasive tone)
      PICKUPS: Delano MC 5 FE 1700 EB (quad coil) serie - single - paralell swich neck JMVC 5 FE
      TUNERS: Hipshot
      BRIDGE: ETS 18 space strings
      Weight : 3.9kg
      Scale 34
      24 steel frets
      Best, Gorka
    • By Wilco
      Fantastic bass that I’ve thought long and hard about selling, but I need to raise funds for some other gear for a new band project that I don’t need this bass for.
      Not far off new condition - a light scratch on heel of the neck & a couple really small lower body dings is about it.
      Huge spec, loads of tonal flexibility & plays like a dream. Comes with the usual Ibby rectangular foam semi hard case
      Spec:-
      neck type BTB57pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple neck w/Graphite reinforcement rodsNeck-through top/back/body Walnut topWalnut backAsh wing body fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay fret Medium Stainless Steel fretsPremium fret edge treatment number of frets 24 (+ zero fret) bridge MR5S bridge string space 19mm neck pickup Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive bridge pickup Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch Gotoh tuners too & locking Jack socket.

No postage on this - pick up or collection from Swindon, or meet up say an hour away from here.

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.