Why become a member? ×

Boss Dimension C Waza vs TC 3rd Dimension

0175westwood29

It's pretty stark to hear them AB'd like that - there's maybe a little more trebly twang on the boss, but £150's worth? 

I was blown away by my thunderstorm (flanger from the same TC range) - got it on a complete whim and I was blown away. Pretty much the same circuit that all the boutique flangers will be using - complete with reissue Bucket Brigade ICs. How they're doing this range for £30 I have no idea. 

Good video BTW, I wish more people would use that format - especially in A/B tests, I don't want to hear how fast you can play pentatonic scales or how quickly you can jump octaves - I want to hear the same, normal riff played 100 times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobbass4k said:

Good video BTW, I wish more people would use that format - especially in A/B tests, I don't want to hear how fast you can play pentatonic scales or how quickly you can jump octaves - I want to hear the same, normal riff played 100 times.

Very much so ! Great demo.

22 minutes ago, bobbass4k said:

It's pretty stark to hear them AB'd like that - there's maybe a little more trebly twang on the boss, but £150's worth? 

I was blown away by my thunderstorm (flanger from the same TC range) - got it on a complete whim and I was blown away. Pretty much the same circuit that all the boutique flangers will be using - complete with reissue Bucket Brigade ICs. How they're doing this range for £30 I have no idea. 

For me the boss wins, but super impressed with the tc 

• Like 1

I’ve had my TC 3rd Dimension eighteen months now and despite planning another pedalboard then selling what I had collected halfway through completion, I hung onto the 3rd Dimension.

Probably because of a mixture of regret at selling my DC-2 years ago (and a DC-3 Digital Dimension too), the fact I don’t use that type of effect enough to shell out on a Waza Craft and also it sounds extremely close to what I remember my DC-2 sounding like.

Believe these are Behringer cc300 space chorus boards re-done by TC after their takeover. The metal case and jack sockets are a big improvement on the behringer ones. Only downside imo is the lack of stereo outputs. Otherwise a really great sounding pedal for peanuts.

After watching a recent Guy Pratt video where he uses the Boss one I decided that I must have one. After I picked myself up off the floor at seeing the prices that they were selling for I looked for an alternative. I spotted the Behringer ones but they are discontinued and selling for silly money.

This video is really helpful so I have ordered the TC one. The combination of my RBX 765a and this pedal has the 80s part of the set list sorted

25 minutes ago, Delberthot said:

After watching a recent Guy Pratt video where he uses the Boss one I decided that I must have one. After I picked myself up off the floor at seeing the prices that they were selling for I looked for an alternative. I spotted the Behringer ones but they are discontinued and selling for silly money.

This video is really helpful so I have ordered the TC one. The combination of my RBX 765a and this pedal has the 80s part of the set list sorted

glad it helped you man

I can hear a real difference on the extreme settings (3+4) and in the mixed sounds. The Waza is more, err, watery, swirly... certainly more defined at those settings. However, the TC is a fine chorus pedal to my ears (identical at the lower settings IMO) and at that price an absolute steal. Kudos to @0175westwood29 for the perfect demo: same riff repeated, pedals compared side by side, no volume changes, no unnecessary 'look at me' playing; well done, Sir 👏👏👏.

3 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I can hear a real difference on the extreme settings (3+4) and in the mixed sounds. The Waza is more, err, watery, swirly... certainly more defined at those settings. However, the TC is a fine chorus pedal to my ears (identical at the lower settings IMO) and at that price an absolute steal. Kudos to @0175westwood29 for the perfect demo: same riff repeated, pedals compared side by side, no volume changes, no unnecessary 'look at me' playing; well done, Sir 👏👏👏.

Thanks man

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2020 at 16:49, bobbass4k said:

Behringer recently bought tc electronic and apparently they are are modified Behringer circuits in tc electronic enclosures I watched about it on the jhs pedal show on YouTube brilliant channel and worth a look