Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Surf green MIJ 70RI Precision, late 1990s £750 plus post
£850
London

Clarky

I really like this bass but I only need one Precision and I have decided to stick with my '51 CS. Plus the money would come in handy, so no trades. You will be hard pushed to find another surf green 70RI Precision in the UK.

Good condition with a few little nicks and abrasions here and there, nothing major, and you can see there was once a circular sticker on the pickguard if you hold it up to the light (it's barely visible and I didn't notice it for weeks). Weighs a smidgeon over 9 pounds, plays very smoothly with hybrid coated EB nickel Slinkies on. Only has a soft gigbag but will be safely packed in bubble wrap and cardboard.

£750 plus post in UK

My NBD thread with pics

I bought it from Gas Station Guitars at the start of May but the advert has disappeared (apologies I linked to another ad of theirs)... I will add more pictures of my bass on Sunday

Addendum:

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the
Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan), Japan
in 1997 - 2000
Production Number: 92969

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Gareth Hughes said:

You only need one Precision?!?!?!?! What madness is this?

Yeah this isn’t a thing 🤣

Stunning P, wish I could (still got my Elrick to shift), GLWTS.

Si

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really nice looking bass @Clarky.

I'm a fan of Japanese built Fenders. Never played a bad one yet.
Looks like an ideal neck for those of us who prefer a slightly slimmer nut width too

If I was looking for a P bass (and I can't - I already have too many!) I'd be all over this. Lovely colour, not seen a MIJ / CIJ in that colour before
GLWTS sir :) 

EDIT: "I only need one Precision bass".....er? No, you don't... you need two, or possibly three ;) 

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 2

On 14/07/2020 at 09:13, Marc S said:

"I only need one Precision bass".....er? No, you don't... you need two, or possibly three ;) 

Afraid one has to go, if only for financial reasons!

Edited by Clarky

Hi. Lovely bass. Can you please describe the neck profile? What I mean is - is it a chunky neck like some Precisions or more like say, a 62 Jazz profile in respect to the depth of the neck? I do believe that these CIJ basses tend to have slimmer necks depth wise than their US counterparts. (I have a late 80s MIJ 62RI Jazz which has the slimmest neck profile together with a 1.5" nut width - really comfortable). 

Again, really, really nice bass. Pity I have to sell my Fender road Worn Flea Signature before I buy. 

Cheers mate.

Hi there as you can see from nut width photo its slimmer than a 60s P. Also its relatively shallow front to back, not chunky. So I would say its kind of half way between a J and a 'regular P'.

20200712_124046.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

• gary mac locked this topic
  • ped unlocked this topic