Why become a member? ×

Precision Bass Body & Maple Fretless Neck Plus Tonerider Pickups - PRICE DROP
£130
Camelon

I've always wanted a maple fretless precision so late last year I decided to put one together. I literally built it, put the strings on it then put it away in a gig bag. I'm unlikely to use it but I want to use the pickups for something else so am offering it either as body on its own, neck on its own or I could do a deal for both.

The pictures make the body look lighter than it is - it's a lovely dark burgundy colour and really suits the black scratchplate. I had to widen the neck pocket to fit the neck but with my limited wood working skills only widened it on one side. This means that you will need to move the bridge slightly to get everything to line up straight but i am sure that it will be no problem to one of the skilled members of the forum. Included with the body will be the scratchplate with screws (screw holes for a finger rest), bridge and Schaller style strap lock buttons ( I can fit regular ones if you'd prefer). I think that the body is basswood. You will also notice that a few of the screw holes don't line up with the original screw holes which isn't really an issue once the scratchplate is fitted.

The maple fretless neck, having had zero use has no marks on the fingerboard itself. There is a mark right at the point where the neck meets the headstock that looks like the lacquer ran slightly and creased the finish. There is a dull spot next to this too but it's on the back so not noticable when playing. It is also drilled for standard MIM Fender tuners and has a 2 string string tree fitted. The width of the heel at it's widest before it rounds off at the end is 63mm and the nut is 38mm.

If you need any more pictures of anything specific then let me know and I can take some more.

I am looking for £65 posted for the neck and £65 posted for the body to mainland UK but could do a deal on both if bought together. I can post anywhere but would need to check the cost first.

20200711_091339.jpg

20200711_091827.jpg

20200711_091930.jpg

20200711_092214.jpg

20200711_092614.jpg

20200711_092749.jpg

20200711_092805.jpg

20200711_092809.jpg

20200711_092813.jpg

20200711_092830.jpg

20200711_092834.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1

In fact, I've changed my mind - I'm also selling the set of Tonerider pickups that I bought for this project. They were fitted to a solderless wiring loom so I haven't cut the wires, they are the full length that you would get when buying them new. £30 posted to mainland UK

So if you bought everything that I am selling, all that you'd need to finish the bass once you'd moved the bridge slightly would be a wiring loom or a set of pots etc, tuners and your choice of strings

20200711_095400.jpg

20200711_095423.jpg

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 2

I took a couple of pictures last night to show that there is a wee bit of the paint chipped away where I have made the neck pocket larger on the bottom of the body. I could be touched up by a paint pen or similar if it bothered you enough.

This also means that the neck protrudes by about 1-2mm over the bottom of the neck pocket

20200711_212716.jpg

20200711_212521.jpg

20200711_212454.jpg

Edited by Delberthot

Am I missing something here? That seems good value!?

The nut width is a little too “Jazz” for me, but I’m tempted....

Does the neck have side dots? And are they “on” where the fret lines would be, or in between as a fretted neck?

Thanks, John 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Damn I wish I could justify having yet another project bass around the place :(

I really shouldn’t, but you know. I PJ with flats, one with rounds, one P with rounds,  one with flats, ad Infinitum 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by oldslapper

3 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

I really shouldn’t, but you know. I PJ with flats, one with rounds, one P with rounds,  one with flats, ad Infinitum 🤦🏻‍♂️

You'll be needing maple, rosewood and ebony boards also mate :)

1 hour ago, oldslapper said:

Am I missing something here? That seems good value!?

The nut width is a little too “Jazz” for me, but I’m tempted....

Does the neck have side dots? And are they “on” where the fret lines would be, or in between as a fretted neck?

Thanks, John 

I'm not at home at the moment but I think that they are in the same place as on a fretted bass.

• Thanks 1

I've just had a look and the side dots are where you would find them on a fretless bass. I did have a plan to make lines along the top so as not to interfere with the look of the maple board but never got around to doing it.

I'm not worried if it doesn't sell. The more I think about it the more I think it might be a good winter project to get myself a good Sting Police era fretless precision for not a lot of money

Edited by Delberthot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/07/2020 at 08:18, Delberthot said:

I've just had a look and the side dots are where you would find them on a fretless bass. I did have a plan to make lines along the top so as not to interfere with the look of the maple board but never got around to doing it.

I'm not worried if it doesn't sell. The more I think about it the more I think it might be a good winter project to get myself a good Sting Police era fretless precision for not a lot of money

Great idea, I did just that

where did you source the neck, was it EY guitar parts?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...