Why become a member? ×

Best dance tune ever???

TheGreek

7 minutes ago, Bassfinger said:

It's a dance tune.  The topic did not specify an era or a sub genre, and I quite like it.

Not you, the OP - this should be in general discussion. Sorry, bit of a pet peeve as I really try and steer clear of OT!

• Like 1

In the Nottingham Boat clubs (yes, really, 3 dance venues next to each other by the Trent) in the late 60s....

‘Sock it to ‘em, JB’  by Rex Garvin and the Mighty Cravers

I kid you not!

(don’t know how to post a YouTube link, sorry!)

Edited by Baxlin

8 hours ago, TheGreek said:

For me....Ride on Time by Black Box

As I don't like "dance" music I will not spoil your thread with un-necessary remarks but please allow me to vent just this once, if I may?

I loath and detest this tune way beyond reason.

In truth it is a fine example of it's genre and does not deserve my loathing.

Unfortunately it is the victim of a traumatic experience of mine, from back in 1989 when it was released.

I went on a "works do" to York ,from Nottingham, along with my erstwhile colleagues from our Vauxhall dealership.

Whilst on the over two hour charabanc trip, an upto then unassuming office girl ( she's actually a lovely lady and we are still friends), decided that this song was "THE BEST EVER!"

She then proceeded (and I kid you not here...non of this next statement is of the "poetic licence" type) to play it back to back for the whole trip there and the whole trip back ...I still break out in a sweat and shiver when ever I hear it to this day.....

As a consequence I will not be clicking on your provided link ...I am off now to lie down in a darkened room for a while .

Please go back to enjoying your thread kind sir.:hi:

• Haha 5