Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Yamaha TRB6P neckthrough 1992, Great condition, OHSC)
£1650
Hilversum, The Netherlands

will4bass

A steal for a neckthrough bass that is as good as the famous high end basses that cost 5 times as much. 

Fantastic neck through top of the line TRB6P(iezo): the first 6 string ever built by Yamaha. This one is from the first series with a single trussrod and (single coil!) pickups more or less 'in '70's position'.

Also has the quite unique blendable piezo's in the bridge creating a sound that is very clean and bright, a bit like an extended acoustic guitar. 

IMG_6807.jpeg

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 10

• 4 weeks later...

Great bass! Nice flattish fingerboard, great ergonomics, good medium weight & balance, nice slim neck (front to back), quiet electronics, the piezo's give a great attack, and the sound very versatile and malleable. This neck-through version feels great to play. Won't find many of these specific basses for sale. I have one (with red flamed maple finish) that my girlfriend wants me to sell to reclaim apartment space...but I'm not gonna...   These were pretty pricey back in 1992 - I do recall feeling guilty spending that much back then...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Undertone said:

Great bass! Nice flattish fingerboard, great ergonomics, good medium weight & balance, nice slim neck (front to back), quiet electronics, the piezo's give a great attack, and the sound very versatile and malleable. This neck-through version feels great to play. Won't find many of these specific basses for sale. I have one (with red flamed maple finish) that my girlfriend wants me to sell to reclaim apartment space...but I'm not gonna...   These were pretty pricey back in 1992 - I do recall feeling guilty spending that much back then...

It is a very great bass really. This very early 1 trussrod I like even a bit more than the also great 2 rod version from the early nineties. I also have a Fodera AJ6... 2 x 6 strings is 1 too many...so one has to go... can you imagine that this relatively cheap TRB6P can compete with the AJ6? It can. It is a bit of a different beast but I won't say the TRB6P is a lesser bass...

• 4 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic