Why become a member? ×

Newtone strings

Saved

Hi,long time not posting..

I have send 2 e-mails 10 days ago to Neil from newtone strings to talk about a few custom set i am gonna need for the 343 build i am running the last 2 years.

Every time i send e-mail to Neil,he answers in very short time.Now,i have got no answer,i telephone at the number on the web site a few times,the "tape" (i dont know how it called,you know,the machine who tells you leave a message) and started to worrying about what happened to Neil with all this covid situation.

Is here any guy who have contact or bough recently from newtone strings?

I ordered 2 sets of acoustic guitar strings from the Newtone website on Wednesday.  I got a dispatch notice the next morning. 

I have a set of their roundwound bass strings on my Shuker that I really like.  I just wish they did flatwounds.

Edited by PJ-Bassist

I was on their website the other day and it mentioned that they were only just getting back to normal running, might be worth another phone call, lve been using their acoustic strings for about 10 years now and I won't use anything else. 

Matt 

Neil just sent me some custom bouzouki strings through mid this week. When I ordered them a couple of weeks ago he apologised in advance to say that there was only him in the workshop (Social distancing) so it would take a couple of weeks. 

May just be busy on his tod 

4 hours ago, Saved said:

Hi,long time not posting..

I have send 2 e-mails 10 days ago to Neil from newtone strings to talk about a few custom set i am gonna need for the 343 build i am running the last 2 years.Every time i send e-mail to Neil,he answers in very short time.Now,i have got no answer,i telephone at the number on the web site a few times,the "tape" (i dont know how it called,you know,the machine who tells you leave a message)

“Answering machine” (back in the old days it was an actual physical machine)

13 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

I ordered 2 sets of acoustic guitar strings from the Newtone website on Wednesday.  I got a dispatch notice the next morning. 

I have a set of their roundwound bass strings on my Shuker that I really like.  I just wish they did flatwounds.

Really helpful...

I’ve had similar before. Emailed a few times with quick responses then nothing for a couple of weeks. When it got past the time he said they’d be done and I still hadn’t heard anything I emailed him to see if everything was ok. Didn’t get a response from Neil but I did get an automatic email saying my strings had been dispatched a few hours later.

As it isn’t an especially big company (or workshop, as Trevor said) I think he’s just a busy guy! They have a very good reputation, though, so I don’t think you need to be worried.

3 hours ago, ClassicVibes said:

Really helpful...

He did ask if anyone had bought from them recently - was just confirming I had and that they were dispatched quickly.

Though they were in stock strings, nothing custom and so it could have been anyone working for Newtone that shipped them - I doubt Neil does that himself.

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 2

I am worrying about Neil as a person.

Not about the company newtone strings or their products.

I know their quality.I am the proud owner of the first "extreme" string Neil ever build a few years ago (a 0.255 40" string,and he send it me for free to see if it works properly) and since then,i havent buy strings from any other company,only from newtone strings.

Just think about it.There is a person who i can talk via e-mails about the specs i need in the strings i am asking,and then he didnt answer (ok,maybe the e-mails have gonne to spam folder) he not even answer the phone..

Ok (i hope) he is busy,but with all this situation about covid-19 i am worrying if he is ok,or have any issues.

Maybe he won 100000000£ and went to jamaica,but if was this the reason,he would have wrote it in the website.

Thats why i asked if anyone have any news from him.Maybe there are guys who have talked in phone or e-mails last days,and they know he is allright.

Any way.I hope he is going well and have any news from him very soon

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...