Why become a member? ×

New EVO-4 Bass Bridge

Sidlanir

Dear Friends, hope you’re all doing fine!
During this difficult period, I was still working on my new Bridge.
Today a picked up a new version with brass evo-cams....
You can check out the difference between the classic style bridge created in the 50’s & the evolution....
If interested for a new challenge , don’t hesitate to contact me.

By the way many thanks to Alain Zenner for the manufacturing of the new EVO-4 Bass bridge !

7292A18C-4C4A-4EA4-ACD6-4DA17E192AE2.jpeg

F8085BAA-EDBB-4C9F-80DB-63933E04E624.jpeg

F5FD4E47-3533-432D-B351-A05741A7FF15.jpeg

1BCC38D6-33AB-4D05-857D-7452312C4D57.jpeg

946FC461-0178-4F76-8E1B-6248DD8CD494.jpeg

51488D32-DA4C-4AA5-9682-7F2912F0731F.jpeg

AA687BBB-2D33-4161-A516-35625728E133.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Si600 said:

The intonation is set by the screwed inserts in the turret things?

Yes 👍😊

The primary objective is to provide a new bridge type which substantially improves the transmission of the string vibration, in order to improve the sound and simulataneously to prevent the danger of injury and any possible dirt deposit.

The solid base body of the new EVO-4 bass bridge has, for each string, a bearing cylinder, wherein the axis of the cylinder extends perpendicularly to the string axis. The bearing cylinder is rotatable within the base body for carrying out the vertical adjustment of the string. Each bearing cylinder has a string throughbore which extends perpendicularly to the cylinder axis. The base body also has a throughbore which is in alignment with the string throughbore of the cylinder.

An intonation tube, through which the corresponding string extends, is mounted in the string throughbore, so as to be adjustable in longitudinal direction of the string throughbore in order to adjust the intonation & the length of the string.

The vertical adjustment of the string is carried out by rotating the bearing cylinder. The adjustment of the tension of the string is effected by adjusting the intonation tube. In accordance with a preferred feature, each intonation tube is fastened in the respective string throughbore by means of a threaded connection, so that the tension of the string can be adjusted by screwing the intonation tube into the bearing cylinder or out of the bearing cylinder by a certain extent.

Due to the fact that the intonation tube has, because of its shape, an elongated bore in the direction of the string, a large contact surface area is available for the string at the points where the string enters and exits the intonation tube. Thus, a continuous increase of the inert mass is obtained from the first contact point of the string with the intonation tube, where the string enters the intonation tube in the direction toward the instrument body.

The solid construction of the base body of the bridge leads to a good pick-up of axial, vertical, and horizontal vibrations. The manner in which the string extends through the intonation tube to the end point of the string at the base body results in an essentially three-dimensional string suspension which picks up and transmits in each direction of vibration in an optimum manner.

In summary, the new EVO-4 bridge provides a better transmission of the string vibrations to the resonance body, while simultaneously increasing and extending the sustaining period of the string. Moreover, the adjustment of the height of the string and of the tension thereof can be effected in a simple and reproducible manner. The construction of the bridge is clean and counteracts the danger of any injury or contamination.

Edited by Sidlanir

19 minutes ago, Si600 said:

I'll be honest, I'd have one simply because it looks different and wildly over engineered 😉

Will you be selling these or are they just for your own basses?

I’ll start to sell my new EVO-4 bass bridge!

This bridge is not compatible as a standard replacement for your old bridge.