Why become a member? ×

Black Fender Paisley Jazz

thedontcarebear

23 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

Go DIY.

Jazz bass of choice.

2 x skins from Axedecals (£40 the pair).

https://axedecals.com/shop/guitar-skins/retro/retro-paisley-guitar-wrap-skin/

Clear plate from Brian (maybe another £20). 

Spray the edges ( say £8 for a can)

That would go so badly wrong if I did it 😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, grenadillabama said:

some artist-type could paint the paisleys on with a tiny paintbrush . Like a mural, except tiny .

My daughter is one of those artist types, I actually asked her to do this on a scratch plate for me. 

She told me to go buy a template. 

Apparently she didn't fancy the job. I suspect it may have been a little too labour intensive. 

from what i know and have seen, on a Jazz the front plate doesnt cover any routing holes.. so is merely functional and cosmetic.. looks great in clear... and nice simple shape for the control cavity... which could be made more simple if omiting the bigger guard, albeit from new with no screw holes....

wish a P was like this, or routed, control cavity from the rear...

11 hours ago, kodiakblair said:

It's not easy.   

I felt OK about my 3rd attempt but when I bought the MIJ Paisley, it looked crap 🤣

SCPBasses.thumb.JPG.e347320b1533abf80baaa6bfa97b9b04.JPG

Refinished it soon afterwards 👍

Black Paisley on a Jazz 😦?    Paisley should either be Pink or Blue and only on an early P Bass body......

31 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Are they different to the japanese ones that have been out for a long time, or is this a new range?

I love paisley and would love that finish but they are out of the budget I would pay for a fender. Looks great though.

These are Japanese, but they've not hit any stores yet - so not sure which ones you mean to be honest?

1 hour ago, thedontcarebear said:

These are Japanese, but they've not hit any stores yet - so not sure which ones you mean to be honest?

There was a range of black paisley fenders in 2012 / 2013 iirc. But now I look and see there is a new range.

30 minutes ago, Musicman20 said:

The black paisley is really cool but I can't justify an instrument at the moment purely on finish.

What kind of crazy talk is that?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

There was a range of black paisley fenders in 2012 / 2013 iirc. But now I look and see there is a new range.

What kind of crazy talk is that?

Ahh, the black paisley strat and tele?  Don't think there was a bass was there?  And I think they were MIM and not MIJ?

Just now, thedontcarebear said:

Ahh, the black paisley strat and tele?  Don't think there was a bass was there?  And I think they were MIM and not MIJ?

Yeah, they weren’t metallic under the burst - wasn’t the true paisley foil type finish. Was like a print underneath. Not great.

I got offered one. The guy at the shop is a friend and knows I love paisley, plus I told him that if ever they release another paisley bass let me know. Am getting first refusal but I'll probably take it, lol. They're getting the strat in too. Think it's arriving at the shop around the 28th July. 

I have a Fender black paisley tele already so this will be a nice match for it. 

Agree though, it would look nicer with a matching pasiley pickguard. Even a transparent one with the little black bloom around the neck pickup the hide the route would do. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sirmuppet said:

I have a Fender black paisley tele already so this will be a nice match for it. 

Is that the James Burton Signature model which is really cool. Apparently when he got his pink paisley tele, Elvis was rather rude about it! Given some of the outfits The King wore one might think pink paisley was quite subdued.

• Like 1