zomnius

Fodera Emperor Elite AJ6 Bass 6 string
£5900
Amsterdam

Posted (edited)

Hi Basschat members.

Superb Fodera AJ 6 - Fat sounding beast : Fodera Emperor Elite AJ6 - Bass - 6 Sting. 1995(!). Or also known as

Anthony Jackson Contrabass Guitar.

19mm stringspacing, long scale, and incredible handling. A sweet 90ties era Fodera bass. 

But new stuff coming in. Designed by the master. Small signs of wear. Around the jack output some small finish crack. But nothing serious.

So I let it go at a cool price inc standard sending cost within Europe. Including orig. Fodera Case, well packed. Fodera vibes and Fodera playability.

Don't miss the opportunity to get a bass designed by the Master and built by Masters. More pics on request. 

Pickup - panorama pot

High Low pots

Volume pot

Active / Passive (!) switch

on/off switch (very useful!)

Has a fresh set of strings on it.

Anthony Fodera Contrabass - now or never..

Cheers, Z.

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.02.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.20.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.32.png

Edited by zomnius
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Is this the one which has the moved Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? I think i saw one years ago somewhere, so i am wondering if this is the same Bass  

Edited by johnny1982

Is this the one which has the moved (modded) Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? - Nope. No side input jack history. Sounds awfully good though.

2 hours ago, RRanito said:

That's beauty right there..

thx it is..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zomnius said:

Is this the one which has the moved (modded) Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? - Nope. No side input jack history. Sounds awfully good though.

Thanks for the answer. 

No doubt - great bass.

Good luck  with the sale!

Edited by johnny1982

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By will4bass
      Selling this one is a tough decision really, in fact I would never have expected selling it, but times are changing for me and I am thinning the herd which leads to selling great basses that happen to be in the same sonic area as others I have. 
      Up for sale is my fat, funky, Fender-ish Fodera VW Deluxe Custom 5 built in 2004.
      35” (easy to play: no additional stretching compared to most 34” basses)
      Madascar Kingwood board
      Dove-tail maple neck
      Tiger maple front
      Mahogany body (I think) 
      4,5 kgs
      Seymour Duncan dual coils
      Dual action truss rod
      Etc.
      Some playing wear but overall in very good condition and technically 100%. Very solid bass, (low) action, string spacing (+/- 19mm) and neck curve anyway you like it.
      Comes with original hard shell case

• By foxtrott
      The bass is in good condition, technically tiptop, with usual optical used tracks (on the back of the body) and on the top plate smaller things, which I captured in the photos as best as possible.
      *now 2.500 € for a straight sale*
      The tone and response is extremely direct and resonant. The playability very comfortable.
      Here are some soundfiles, recorded at home.
      Fingerstyle

Slap

Specs: 2006 Jerzy Drozd Obsession Excellency 6 Strings 35" Scale 24 Frets Etimoe Body Zebrawood Top 3 Piece Maple Neck 7 Screws Bolt-on Maple Neck Ebony Fretboard Matching Headstock Two pieces Jerzy Drozd Bridge Two Jerzy Drozd Single Coils Pickup Aguilar OBP-3 Preamp 18mm strings spacing, possible to up to 19mm or down to 16.5mm. 9mm at nut Ebony Nut Asymetrical D Neck Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Medium 400hz or 800hz/Treble Trussrod : One double-acting fully working Weight : 4.4kg Machine heads : Gotoh Controls Knobs : Wood, maple and Zebrawood.  

• By mrbassman_de
      Selling a Fodera Emperor II Elite from 2001 with the following specs:
      Amazing Buckeye Burl Full Top
      Alder Body
      Brazilian Rosewood Board w 21 frets !
      35" scale, 19mm String spacing at bridge
      Pope Preamp, Seymour Duncan Single Coils in 70s positions
      Gold Hardware
      4,58 kg
      OHSC
      Top codition with only 2 dings on the body back (ca 2-3 mm).
      The 21 frets board and the 70s single coils make this a slap monster with a warm timbre due to the board wood !
      Low action. Everything works fine.
      Asking 6200 GBP (6800 EUR) plus shipping from Duesseldorf (Germany).
      Not looking for trades unless you have a nice Fodera Neckthrough 6 with 34" or less.

• By Arnoldoc
      Ken Smith Elite 20th Anniversary Flamed Redwood Top 6 string  (1 of 11 made)
      Best Ken Smith out of the 10 or so I've owned for a very rare (very few have ever come out for sale) bass.
      Not looking for trades - selling as bringing down my collection and mainly play jazz style basses these days.
      Lots of feedback in the forum
      Specs:
      Flamed Redwood Top with Matching Headstock.
      Body Core and Heel Blocks are made of Tiger Maple. The Laminate between the Redwood and the Tiger Maple is Black Walnut, and the Body Features are Tropical Walnut.
      The Neck is made of Hard Rock Maple with African Bubinga features and heel laminate.
      The Fingerboard is Macassar Ebony and has Mother of Pearl Top and Side Dots.
      Pickups and Electronics are the same as the BSR "EG" and includes Series/Parallel Switches.
      The bass has a 20th Anniversary Backplate and Truss Rod Cover.
      These were $6,000 when made new in 1999/2000.
      Bass has cosmetic wear / bumps from the previous owner (I am the second owner and have owned it for the past 15 years), which is reflected in the price, but functionally it works perfectly and the frets are almost as new and plays with an incredibly low action with no buzz.
      34" scale.  18mm string spacing
      4.6kg / 10.1lb
      Ken Smith in his quest for the best tone woods found only a limited amount of this rare, old, seasoned, air dried, Figured Redwood. Because of the limited amount, only 11 of the KSA 6 flamed redwood basses were made.