zomnius

Fodera Emperor Elite AJ6 Bass 6 string
£5900
Amsterdam

Posted (edited)

Hi Basschat members.

Superb Fodera AJ 6 - Fat sounding beast : Fodera Emperor Elite AJ6 - Bass - 6 Sting. 1995(!). Or also known as

Anthony Jackson Contrabass Guitar.

19mm stringspacing, long scale, and incredible handling. A sweet 90ties era Fodera bass. 

But new stuff coming in. Designed by the master. Small signs of wear. Around the jack output some small finish crack. But nothing serious.

So I let it go at a cool price inc standard sending cost within Europe. Including orig. Fodera Case, well packed. Fodera vibes and Fodera playability.

Don't miss the opportunity to get a bass designed by the Master and built by Masters. More pics on request. 

Pickup - panorama pot

High Low pots

Volume pot

Active / Passive (!) switch

on/off switch (very useful!)

Has a fresh set of strings on it.

Anthony Fodera Contrabass - now or never..

Cheers, Z.

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.02.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.20.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-07 om 16.01.32.png

Edited by zomnius
  • Like 6

Posted (edited)

Is this the one which has the moved Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? I think i saw one years ago somewhere, so i am wondering if this is the same Bass  

Edited by johnny1982

Is this the one which has the moved (modded) Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? - Nope. No side input jack history. Sounds awfully good though.

2 hours ago, RRanito said:

That's beauty right there..

thx it is..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zomnius said:

Is this the one which has the moved (modded) Input jack from the side to the front top of the bass? - Nope. No side input jack history. Sounds awfully good though.

Thanks for the answer. 

No doubt - great bass.

Good luck  with the sale!

Edited by johnny1982

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrbassman_de
      This is the original Matt Garrison Signature 5 model in top condition !
      Specs:
      Amazing Chestnut Burl Top
      5pc Ash Neck, 33"
      Walnut Body
      Chestnut Tone Block
      Chestnut Ramp (curved)
      Ebony Board
      19mm spacing
      Newer (post 2009) Pope preamp with all the jumpers
      Aguilar DCB5 pickups (original Seymour Duncan Duals shown in the pics will come with the bass !)
      Weight 4.9 kg
      Original Fodera HC
      Everything works fine, technically and aesthetically top ! The Aguilars provide a more aggressive timbre compared to the Duncans. I personally like that Aguilar sound - consider Janek Gwizdalas Fodera which is also a 33" with Aguilars.
      The Aguilars are not splittable so the Single/Parallel Switch is now a kill switch. The other switches are active/passive and a frequency selector for the EQ.
      Asking 7900 EUR (approx. 7100 GBP today) plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany.

• By mrbassman_de
      Selling my MINT condition Fodera Emperor II with the following specs
      Holly Full Top
      Semi hollow Ash Body
      Alder Tone Block
      Amazon Rosewood Fretboard w MOP inlays
      35" scale, 19mm string spacing
      Extended Low B
      Titanium locking bridge
      Duncan Dual Coils in TK positons and Amazon Rosewood covers
      Built January 2016
      Pope Preamp
      Amazon RW ramp
      Weight 4,6 kg
      OHSC

This is a fantastic Fodera with a huge B string. The TK positions basically support the clear and focussed mids so that the bass is standing very present in the mix.
      Not a single mark on it. Virtually like new. The extra options rise up the retail price for this bass above 16000 USD - plus VAT/shipping.
      Asking 8000 GBP (8800 EUR) plus shipping from Duesseldorf / Germany.
      Trades considered (+/- cash):
      Fodera Elite 6 with 34" scale or lower
      Alleva Coppolo 4/5 Supremes
      pre-CBS Fenders
      Newborn site here: (Click picture to view page)

More pics:

• By achavarin
      Here is for your consideration my Fodera Monarch Standard 4 . 
      This was built in 2018, I got it about five months ago, and I am the first owner. The Bass is in impecable condition, as expected it comes with the hardcase and case candy. 
      I was very excited when I got this bass guitar, it plays, sounds and feels great. However when I took it to a jam/rehearsal with my mates, it was too polite (we play grunge/stoner rock). Not the right tool for me. I had an "it is not you it's me" moment with the bass.  I am not a player that is big on solos or chord work when playing with the band, I am more the brick-laying-foundation-setting type player and this bass is way too much for me. It has plenty of tones available, the preamp is very versatile, weight is under 4kg, she looks great and has that butterfly on the headstock and all the gold trimmings. I just couldn't make it work, too many options/knobs and switches.
      So with a heavy heart, because I really like the bass, I will do the right thing and move it so hopefully it finds a good home. It really needs to be played by someone who can take advantage of all that it offers. 
      I guess in so many words, I am more of a meat and potatoes guy. So I will be going back to my p and j basses. 
      Looking around what these go for typically, considering what they go for NEW in the UK and Europe, and this one is pretty much new I know I have to take a hit (a 25% one), I think it is reasonably priced, considering it was black friday. 
      It would make a great early christmas present too!. 
      thanks for looking
      abe

• By lawriemacmillan
      Imperial Matthew Garrison shape with custom specifications. 
      4000-4500 GBP is the ballpark amount of cash I would look for to be included in a trade with a fretted bass I am looking for. 
      I am enthusiastic to negotiate part trades for your:
      early 1970s Jazz bass, especially naturally highly relic'd, not mint condition. Lakland USA Joe Osborn 4 string Jazz bass. Pre-EB Musicman Stingray.  Moollon J5  Stunning single-cut bass made in the Fodera workshop in Brooklyn, NYC. This is not the Standard bolt-on model.
      2009 build.
      Buckeye top. Walnut body. Ebony fingerboard.
      Fodera/Duncan singlecoil pickups with buckeye covers.
      Matching buckeye ramp.
      Extended B string.
      26 'fret' positions.
      34" scale.
      19mm string spacing at the bridge.
      48m nut width.
      Fodera premium padded gig bag.
      Excellent overall condition. Some minor surface bumps which are unnoticeable unless closely inspected.
      3 band EQ with selectable mid frequency selector and coil tap switches.

• By will4bass
      Selling this one is a tough decision really, in fact I would never have expected selling it, but times are changing for me and I am thinning the herd which leads to selling great basses that happen to be in the same sonic area as others I have. 
      Up for sale is my fat, funky, Fender-ish Fodera VW Deluxe Custom 5 built in 2004.
      35” (easy to play: no additional stretching compared to most 34” basses)
      Madascar Kingwood board
      Dove-tail maple neck
      Tiger maple front
      Mahogany body (I think) 
      4,5 kgs
      Seymour Duncan dual coils
      Dual action truss rod
      Etc.
      Some playing wear but overall in very good condition and technically 100%. Very solid bass, (low) action, string spacing (+/- 19mm) and neck curve anyway you like it.
      Comes with original hard shell case