Why become a member? ×

Which Line 6 delivers ONLY effects

glassmoon

I think I spent like £ 800 (ok more like £1100 with the 2 Boss WL-20's) on that between my bass and my amp, and with that HX Stomp I pretty much got everything covered. I spent like £ 800 on the Rumble 500 with the extension cabinet (and will propably blow £2000 on a new amp + cab now).

That is a lot, but it is pocket change compared to what I/we in here spend on basses. Just the Stingray, US Fender and the Maruszczyk I bought in April this year ( boy the missus was not happy....) cost more than the total of everything else I have bought together. And I do not think twice about that, I just keep getting more and more basses. And for what?

@glassmoon, if you got any other pedals, basses you do not need or whatever, now is the time to cash in and put it in the HX Stomp (or PodGO or effects). You will not regret it. The idea behind the Line6 for many is that you can get whatever sound you like out of that box almost regardless of what is before or after that box. (but who am I fooling, my 6th bass of 2020 is on its way from the Sire factory).

Edited by Wiseblood

1 hour ago, acidbass said:

Interesting, I could definitely use one of these for my Stomp, thanks for the info! I wonder if there are any which have LED switches similar to the switches on the Stomp. Maybe these would require power however.

Ive got one of the small cheap 2 switch boxes, and although it works well i was put off by the fact that it doesnt have LED’s or any visual indication that i have hit the switch. Obviously the screen on the Stomp sill show this, but is hard to read sometimes, especially when standing up at a gig. 

I ended up getting one of these. Its not perfect, nor dirt cheap, but the LED gives piece of mind that i did something. Its also a bit more stable if just sitting lose on the floor and not on a board. The way i plan on using it is to just use one as a 4th Stomp footswitch, and the other changing channels on my amp. The HFX can already do this of course. 

D8BD90CD-44A4-4A63-8FD1-DCA8576B723F.thumb.jpeg.a8a91fad8cfdd6c391cf62202007cece.jpeg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RW2A0O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by dave_bass5

• 6 months later...

I've owned the kidney-shaped guitar and bass PODs, it terms of the OP asking about 'only effects', I'd cite here that I've never been a fan of simply plugging anything into the front of any amp, so my chosen route would have always been POD output into effects return.  This way you're bypassing the pre-amp colourisation and sumply utilising the poweramp side of the head/amp.

Rolling this forward, this was the joy of using a 4U rack with a poweramp - sticking a 1U Sansamp in the rack gave me the option of an independent effects driven set up.  If I wanted to go with a different bit of outboard gear (BDDI etc.), it was simply a case of plugging it in.