Why become a member? ×

Interesting ‘Tangente’ fretless multi scale

mybass

Hmm, interesting looking instrument!

I like the woods, finish, the patterns.

I do NOT like the tone of yellow they chose for the decorations to go against that wood.

I REALLY don't like how marked the fretboard is. (But I know that's just me. I like my fretless boards to be CLEAN)

Looks nice, except for the bridge that's angled just slightly too far backwards and doesn't follow the other lines on the bass. How annoying! Wouldn't have been necessary if they'd opted for an adjustable bridge. I really like the design though.

Whilst it's sadly true that I have absolutely no 'taste' when it comes to design, aesthetics et al, if I had to vote on an 'Ugliest Bass Of The Year' award, the one linked to in the OP would be a hot contender. I don't think that I could be classed as a 'purist', or especially conservative, but that thing, even just as a photo, looks bad; under home or (heaven forbid..!) stage lights, I just can't imagine anyone being serious or keeping a straight face. Best kept in its custom case, I say, lid firmly closed, maybe soundly sealed and padlocked, to prevent accidents. :|

• Like 1