Why become a member? ×

Squier Precision 60’s CV FURTHER PRICE DROP-NOW £325.
£375
Wellington Somerset

Zummerbass

Bought from Basschatter Marc S in Nov 2017. PJ mods, Entwhistle p/ups done under his ownership ( Dave Dearnley iirc). The work has been done to a very high standard. I’ve barely played it and gigged it twice.Playing my Jazz bass almost exclusively now but even so I think I may regret letting this one go. Excellent condition just a couple of minor scratches on rear of body. Usual Classic Vibe build quality,one of the darkest rosewood boards i’ve ever seen. Weight- just a smidge over 9lb/4kg. I’ll include the gig bag it came with. Collection preferred (i’m not far from M5  junction 26)but could do a meet up. 

UPDATE

I am now prepared to post this within UK.

E1911BE1-D4B6-4ABA-A02F-F7BE5AFFCA7E.jpeg

A2276C04-C93B-4897-A28A-40FBD2E19322.jpeg

A3BAE85B-6F2B-4A97-94A4-9CBA2FC2892D.jpeg

1DF8403C-A0B1-4FED-B79F-54DF26C6AEA0.jpeg

FC790271-E24A-4C43-AD17-E451EAB7E1D8.jpeg

974EC169-5F07-4B6B-8F0B-72F900C05A1C.jpeg

C6F7B779-790A-4DA5-97E6-29C52BD1C31D.jpeg

32FE3DEF-5589-4B71-ACA5-2945CF4DA851.jpeg

6E691E6E-10E8-4900-888A-C7EBE32B0DAA.jpeg

479BA043-939D-4CA6-9835-1AEEDF835E26.jpeg

Edited by Zummerbass
Delivery now offered
  • Like 6

This looks class. Could you comment on the width at the nut, and then the depth of the neck at the first fret? I believe that these have a "60s C shape" - which I *think* would make this typical P width at the nut, but then slightly slimmer in profile? Thanks and best of luck with the sale.

On 14/07/2020 at 19:17, Scoobs said:

Hi there, this looks like a lovely bass, can I repeat the same question re the neck width and thickness, is this the neck standard CV 60s? Thanks 

Hi, Zummerbass must have missed your questions @RaNoFuNkY & @Scoobs
I can confirm, this is indeed a standard 60's CV neck
Can't recall the exact dimensions, but it was near identical to a US Precision which had a "C" shape / profile neck.
It wasn't overly wide at the nut, and definitely on the shallower side in profile (front to back).

The neck on this is really comfortable to play - I'm not keen on necks that are wide and deep.
It's also glossy, but I didn't find it became "sticky" in warm conditions. Wish I could justify re-acquiring this bass - it's a beaut

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pst62 said:

Each to their own, been there, found the Jazz pup didn't sit well with the P at all.

As the former owner of this bass, I can confirm that the Jazz pickup did indeed sit very well with the P pickup. You can add a bit of Jazz tone to suit your liking, or an individual song, and if you don't want any added Jazz tone on a song or in a set of songs...... simply dial it out. The Entwistle pickups on this bass are excellent, and the P pickup solo'ed loses nothing for having the J pickup behind it (I know because at the same time I owned this bass,  I had another Precision with just an Entwistle PBXN).

Yes, of course it's all down to personal preference - but the J pickup adds flexibility and gives the tonal palette a broader flavour IMO. I'm sure plenty of others would agree, after all the Fender Lyte and Aerodyne basses mostly had the same pickup arrangement, along with many other brands.

Back on topic - If I needed a P or P/J bass at the moment, I'd have this back in a heartbeat. (I'm sorely tempted tbh... but I'm thinning the herd)

Edited by Marc S
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

ins't it a good thing no one is forcing you to buy this bass 

It certainly is Mr Witty. But I may well have been interested had it been in its original condition. 

• 3 weeks later...