Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD👍😀 Sei Flamboyant 4 string.price negotiable
£1575
Edinburgh area

wright/watt

Hi Folks..

After much thought and procrastination! Up for sale here is a Beautiful Sei Flamboyant 4 string bass in immaculate condition..Reason for sale is I just admire it, but never play it for fear of damaging it! (Madness I know) This bass plays and sounds as good as it looks! More importantly was built to be PLAYED!!

I am the third owner..The bass was commissioned and built by Martin Petterson of Sei in 2004 by Pete (Scooby) He sold it and then bought if back, and I bought it of him in 2014.The bass is immaculate with next to no wear at all.

34 scale, 1.5 inch nut, Ash body, 24 fret maple/bubinga seven piece neck. Ebony fretboard, Madrone burl (Strawberry wood) top and peghead veneers (Stunning) Kent Armstrong pick-ups, Aiguilar OPB3 preamp 18V push/pull midrange sweep. ABM bridge, Gotoh tuners.Very light 3.5 kg.lovely slim profile neck as are most Sei's I've played.

Only trade I would be interested in is a Vigier Arpege series 1,11,or 111 four string bass. Open to sensible offers!

Any questions please ask.

Cheers.

IMG_20200705_124844.jpg

IMG_20200705_124919.jpg

IMG_20200705_124934.jpg

IMG_20200705_124957.jpg

IMG_20200705_131702.jpg

IMG_20200705_131708.jpg

IMG_20200705_131726.jpg

IMG_20200705_131731.jpg

IMG_20200705_131744.jpg

IMG_20200705_131905.jpg

IMG_20200705_132032.jpg

IMG_20200705_132129.jpg

IMG_20200705_132226.jpg

IMG_20200705_132435.jpg

IMG_20200705_132315.jpg

IMG_20200705_132343.jpg

IMG_20200705_124919.jpg

IMG_20200705_131726.jpg

Edited by wright/watt
On Hold
  • Like 9

Absolutely beautiful - my favourite bass body shape of all.  Also, worth noting (again) that Martin is an extraordinary luthier.  The work that comes out of the Gallery is, in my opinion, the equal of anything in the world (and better than nearly everything).  This is a fabulous example: the burl looks stunning - and I"m a big fan of the OBP3.  I play short-scale almost exclusively, though if I didn't...

Edited by three
  • Like 4

My old bass (originally built for Scooby as mentioned). I think you’re actually the 4th owner as Scooby had it built (and bought it back off me) but in between I sold it to another friend; I got it back from him in a part trade against my Wal Pro.

I’ve owned 5 Seis, and this was the best-sounding of them, although I note it’s now got an Aguilar pre; it had a Schack when I had it. It also had the most stable neck, along with the 4 string headless I had made. Some Seis can require constant tweaking for optimum performance, but this never budged. It’s a great bass, one of the better ones I’ve had. 

Edited by 4000
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 4000 said:

My old bass (originally built for Scooby as mentioned). I think you’re actually the 4th owner as Scooby had it built (and bought it back off me) but in between I sold it to another friend; I got it back from him in a part trade against my Wal Pro.

I’ve owned 5 Seis, and this was the best-sounding of them, although I note it’s now got an Aguilar pre; it had a Schack when I had it. It also had the most stable neck, along with the 4 string headless I had made. Some Seis can require constant tweaking for optimum performance, but this never budged. It’s a great bass, one of the better ones I’ve had. 

Hi @4000 Thanks for the kind words, and more of the history of this wonderful bass..The neck is still as incredibly stable and the sound with the Aiguilar OPB3 preamp (fitted by Scooby) and the Kent Armstrong pick-ups amazingly versatile for all styles..This bass is a true players bass😀👍

Just to say bass will come with a hard case and include shipping to mainland UK..As previously stated the price is negotiable. I'm basing this on a 4 string bass that was for sale at Bass Direct..You can but make an offer, I can but say yes or no? Don't be shy..This I feel new would be in the realms of £3k if ordering new.. Would still consider a trade for an early-ish four string Vigier or Status..Thanks👍😀

1 hour ago, khazol said:

How does the long upper bout effect the reach to the lower frets? It is quite a unique shape. I wonder how it sits on the strap?

The “long upper bout” is only around the 12th fret, similar to a Fender. It looks so long because of the access at the top end of the neck. Sei Flamboyants balance perfectly, as well as anything out there. 

39 minutes ago, 4000 said:

The “long upper bout” is only around the 12th fret, similar to a Fender. It looks so long because of the access at the top end of the neck. Sei Flamboyants balance perfectly, as well as anything out there. 

Yes balances perfectly👍

1 hour ago, BassManGraham said:

That is stunningly beautiful. Have always wanted a Sei.

If I hadn't bought a Chris Larkin custom this week, I would be making an offer. Dammit!

Yes it is a very beautiful bass that plays fantastically..Yes that's always the way things happen! You buy one beautiful bass in the Chris Larkin custom and then a Sei comes up! All the best.:hi:

• MB1 locked this topic