Why become a member? ×

GK Legacy 800 --- Missing feet!

tvickey

I purchased a GK Legacy 800 late last year, but only just recently did I realize that mine doesn't have any feet on the bottom!  It's just a smooth chassis!  

As you might imagine, the head slides all over the top of my cabinet when I go to plug in the instrument cable or mess with the knobs.

GK now says that they'll send me some rubber feet, but I'm wondering to myself what the default is on the GK Legacy amps?  Are the feet rubber stick-on type, or mounted to the chassis via a screw (similar to the MB Fusion and RB lines)?

Any BassChatters have a Legacy amp that they would not mind please taking a photo of the underside with the feet and posting the picture here?  Thanks!

Edited by tvickey
typo

37 minutes ago, foxyFuze said:

These are what I have on the bottom of my Fusion S, which I expect would be the same as the Legacy.

Thanks a lot!  Are these stickers, or are they screwed in?  I see a small hole in the center of the foot, but it's not clear to me if that's for a screw.

They're stuck on, not screwed. I bought an ex-demo model from Polar UK so I don't know if they were packaged separately or come affixed. Might be worth asking the guys at Polar as they are the main GK distributor in the UK.

Edited by foxyFuze
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On some amp heads I've owned, the feet haven't been tall enough to let the amp stand clear of a top handle on the cab. I've had to fit taller feet, but that means finding bolts of the right gauge that are long enough to engage with the threads, but not so long that they risk fouling the amp's innards.

If the feet you receive aren't adequate, take a trip to Wilko. In their hardware section they do a range of self-adhesive rubber feet. Also their doorstops can be re-purposed as feet, although they are not especially grippy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BassBunny said:

The norm seems to be stick on these days. Both my amps are like that. The last one I had with screw on feet was a Mark Bass SA450 that was 12 years old.

Stick-on feet are a cheap solution for light Class D heads, but surely bigger Class AB and valve heads still come with proper feet unless they are purely intended for rack mounting.

• Like 1

I had 3 of these heads at the beginning of the year. I sent them all back as i felt they had defects i couldn't accept on a head costing this much, but all had those low feet on them. 

Had I kept one i had planned on putting slightly taller rubber feet on it. I didnt feel the GK ones gripped too well. 

• Like 1

Ive got these at home. I originally got them for the bottom of my TC RS212 cab that doesn't have any feet, but ive since put them on a couple of heads as well. 

They are larger than normal feet but i feel the extra area might help with vibration. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07D92FQXS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Thanks 1