21 Frets plus zero fret
Rosewood fingerboard with blocks & binding,
Häussel JJ pickups
Delano 2-band active preamp
Volume and blend
Passive mode on push-pull pot
Wearing nearly new D'Addario XT strings
Schaller strap lock buttons fitted, originals included

Really nice looking, sounding and playing bass, and a reluctant sale, but I've had some wrist problems that make 5 strings a bit harder to play. I've already got it's replacement - an Elwood (Hellwood in fact) 4 string with the same pickups, I really like the sound of them.

Condition is really good, I've checked it over for anything at all and all I could find was a small mark on the back where the finish has gone shiny and tiny ding in the headstock so small it was hard to photograph. There are some scratches on the scratchplate (makes sense :) ) and a few on the control plate but you have to get it in the right light to see them. I've done some photos of those, and other than that it's perfect.

I can throw in a Maruszczyk gig bag, I do have a hard case but I'd need to replace it so that would be £30 extra. It's a good case, hardly used and deep enough for the angled headstock.

I'd prefer collection or a meet up half way thing, but I can arrange a courier and pack it up properly (it would be packed better than the couriers advise) and send it insured for whatever that costs if really needed, that will probably be about £30 on top.

Now £750, I might be up for trades but there aren't lots of things I'm after. One is a Sandberg Forty Eight in black with creme strips and matching headstock. If also consider a Fender P or Jazz, that is right in the middle of their respective sounds, as I've never owned either only other people's version of.

You can get slightly bigger pics by clicking on the ones below.

Elwood5.thumb.JPEG.f2576342c58b531ec43dea597b1ef712.JPEG Elwood3.thumb.JPEG.f4070473d4b00490bb463999e52a3e66.JPEG

Elwood2.thumb.JPEG.5a7ac2bf4bb7c3041a7f93672616b0fb.JPEG

Elwood1.JPEG.2b958c7543b6d4eeb689a542423ea1c9.JPEG

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Fil1ip said:

Such a shame it has 5 strings.🙄

If I could have replaced it with the same bass as a 4 string, I probably would have. I've come pretty close with the Hellwood, same pickups and Maruszczyk playability, but good looking in a very different way. The Hellwood is pretty cool (IMO - I have a thing for black basses and guitars), where this one I would say is classy :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fil1ip said:

It states Skipton on the description 😎

It does, and that's where I am, but I'm not sure if that shows up on all devices. I'm sure I've looked at an ad recently on my phone and it didn't say.

Edited by adamg67
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SeeBread said:

Any vids/sound samples? (Don't go out of your way, just if they exist already :)

I will have some, it's just a question of whether I remember which tracks are which bass :)  I'll check as soon as I get chance, worth it as I reckon those Haussell J pickups are a bit special, I made sure I got a bass with the same ones before I sold this one.

Edited by adamg67