Why become a member? ×

Moollon basses

carlsim

Bit of advice needed... I'm after a spunky jazz in a nice solid colour.and do like the look of the Moollon jazz 5 in copper gold on the classifieds at the moment... Seller is asking £2050 for what looks like an as new bass...y question is what do these go for new? I can't really find any information about new prices and just wondered about used Vs new prices... Any information would be greatly received...

A Jazz 4 is $2299 from them, I can’t remember exactly, but I think a 5er is around $2599. Plus around an extra $100 for a metallic finish.

That includes shipping and a case (hard or soft), but import/VAT etc will be on top of that. For my P-Classic that just arrived, import was £113.

Plus a 10month wait 😊

So basically you’re saving around £250 or so, plus a long wait, if you go for the used one.

Si

Edited by Sibob

Just now, carlsim said:

Cheers @Sibob that's exactly what I wanted to know... For the wait and extra £250, you get to pick the colour and its brand new!

Cheers!

Yeah, if you can deal with the wait and have the cash, worth doing.

To be fair to the seller, they retain their value pretty well, so I think the price is pretty spot on.

Si

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sibob said:

A Jazz 4 is $2299 from them, I can’t remember exactly, but I think a 5er is around $2599. Plus around an extra $100 for a metallic finish.

That includes shipping and a case (hard or soft), but import/VAT etc will be on top of that. For my P-Classic that just arrived, import was £113.

Plus a 10month wait 😊

So basically you’re saving around £250 or so, plus a long wait if you go for the used one.

Si

£113 total taxes/duties on a $2000 bass is a bit lucky, am I missing something? 

19 hours ago, Beedster said:

£113 total taxes/duties on a $2000 bass is a bit lucky, am I missing something? 

True, I paid more like £400 in customs duty on a ~£1600 Bass last year, though it was from the USA, if that makes any difference at all??

1 minute ago, Grahambythesea said:

I think you’ll find Japan did A deal with EU last year and therefore are no import duties, but there should still be VAT. I believe even though we’ve left the EU we are still operating under their rules.

Until 31st Dec this year.

After that - same as anywhere else. Import and then VAT on the item AND on the shipping cost.