Why become a member? ×

Enki cases?

danpb

1 minute ago, Steve Browning said:

That's a real pity. Mine gets its first proper outing this weekend. I'll be sure to post about about what a complete waste of money it was. 🙂

I think it's great kit, expensive but then so are the basses it's protecting, and having twice had basses kicked off stands at gigs - once resulting in a bent tuner which is a real PITA at a gig - this is a great solution for both safely transporting them and housing them on stage. I would happily have accepted a replacement had the supplier been reasonable about it, but given it was going to have to be sent back to Germany for inspection before a replacement was sent back to Andertons and then to me, and with no guarantee on timelines, I gave up. Having just check it looks like the unit I have is the older version also, and having just packed it for the return collection, given the condition of the box (as well as the internal packaging when I first opened it) and the number of labels that have clearly been stuck to it, get the sense that this might not be the first time this box has been out and back 🤔

In fairness to the supplier, it has no obligation to you to do anything. Your arrangement is with Andertons, and they are the ones that should be liaising on your behalf with the supplier. Sounds to me like it's got knackered at Andertons and they're trying to pass you on to the supplier. Sounds like they don't want to be out of pocket while leaving you a considerable sum of money worse off. 

11 minutes ago, Jakester said:

In fairness to the supplier, it has no obligation to you to do anything. Your arrangement is with Andertons, and they are the ones that should be liaising on your behalf with the supplier. Sounds to me like it's got knackered at Andertons and they're trying to pass you on to the supplier. Sounds like they don't want to be out of pocket while leaving you a considerable sum of money worse off. 

Who knows, bit annoyed by the whole thing to be honest but c'est la vie 🤔

1 minute ago, Steve Browning said:

If it's any consolation. I concluded, pretty quickly, that it's not a great 'onstage' option because a degree of care is needed to lift the bass out of the case. For travel I suspect it'll be near unbeatable, but I won't be using it as any kind of stand.

Get that. I quite liked the idea of it sitting open in my studio so that while my two main basses are protected (kids/mates/drummers), I don't have the faff of having to open/close cases to get the basses out. Then when a gig comes along, I just put the cover on and in the back of the car with it. Wall hangers might be a cheaper option of course :) 

• Like 1

Well. Back from Skegness and have to report the case was wonderful. My two SVL basses were very snug and, while the whole thing is a bit of a size, it is very mobile. Whether you think it's better than individual cases is a matter of choice. It won't go in the car, but then neither does my main rig. That's what the van's for.

All in all, very pleased with it, despite the hefty outlay. 

• Like 2

Good to hear Steve, while Andertons refunded me very quickly for mine, I'd have preferred a replacement to be honest, but c'est la vie. Certainly a good piece of kit so I might look to get one elsewhere (although a look around a few weeks back suggests they're in short supply in the UK at present) 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beedster said:

Good to hear Steve, while Andertons refunded me very quickly for mine, I'd have preferred a replacement to be honest, but c'est la vie. Certainly a good piece of kit so I might look to get one elsewhere (although a look around a few weeks back suggests they're in short supply in the UK at present) 👍

Mine came from Thomann, who state there is stock.

• Thanks 1

I've had mine around 4 years now... I must say that the new insert that is available (and i think stock on the current model) makes this case far more useful. I do alot of supports, and quick in and out gigs, and usually don't change basses often during a set, so this really hits the spot. Far easier than carrying two cases around for me, and i never have to worry about my instruments at all. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Generation 3 ENKI cases I believe are better with the wheel wobble- though I may be wrong. 
Only issue, is that some shops will have brand new MK2s still to pump out. 

The price for ENKIs have gone up from last year- much like everything else I suppose. 
I keep wondering whether to save up for one or not, and the only thing holding me back is the price 

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 10:39, andydye said:

has anyone jumped from enki to scott dixon or vice versa?

any comments on pros - cons for either?

both are spendy, scott dixon have much easier access for stage use...

Scott Dixon's do, over time, take a beating and the lids start to get a little out of shape and become a faff to put back on.  That said, I've never seen a guitar come out of one damaged, and I work as a tech with multiple artists who use them and they've all earned their dents and bumps on huge numbers of flights and truck rides. 

Toured with an artist who had their basses in an Enki last year and was very impressed, it's a great case and a snug fit, and we flew it around Europe for a busy summer of festivals with no issues.  Haven't seen one that's been in use for as long as some of the Scott Dixons I see though, so can't speak for the longevity in the same way.  

Just a bit of a follow-up on mine.

I did say I wouldn't be using it on stage. That has proved to be a lie. It's true the basses can't be stored 'wired up' but I can mute the cable so it's not really any kind of issue, ands I don't really need to use the second (spare) bass anyway. I have a 3 guitar stand for the gigs that need the fretless too, so the Enki will just be for transport.

Rhino's Revenge were on after us at Skeggy and Freddie (guitar) had a Scott Dixon that was very dented. Seemed to be perfectly serviceable though. All in all, it's a win for the Enki for me. It's done a good few gigs now and it's top notch protection for the basses. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, E sharp said:

I don’t know the answer to your question; but let me know what your thoughts are on it when you get it and use it. 
Will you be using it for regular gigging?

I certainly will yes and yes it will be my 'every show' means of carting basses around, replacing my SKB i-series in that regard but with the upgrade of being able to take 2 basses to the show rather than just one :) 

5 minutes ago, E sharp said:

Thanks for the reply. 
Was mainly interested, in how well the interior foam holds out, with the regular removing of the basses- as a normal case/bag would be used. 

@knicknack has been using his for a good few years now so he'd be an ideal person to ask about the longevity of the insides

• 1 month later...
On 23/01/2024 at 16:15, E sharp said:

I don’t know the answer to your question; but let me know what your thoughts are on it when you get it and use it. 
Will you be using it for regular gigging?

On 24/01/2024 at 10:56, andydye said:

I certainly will yes and yes it will be my 'every show' means of carting basses around, replacing my SKB i-series in that regard but with the upgrade of being able to take 2 basses to the show rather than just one :) 

Done a couple of gigs with it so far and I'm loving it

yes, it's a bit tricky for swapping basses on the fly, and...

no a bass won't sit in the case if it has the strap attached, but...

both basses are lovingly and firmly held by the foam inserts

it is super easy to wheel around, watch it on tight corners if you're going quickly though as it may topple over

it feels super lightweight compared to my skb i-series single bass case which is amazing

I still have to drop a seat in my car to get it in

the accessory pouch thingy is big enough for my strap, cable, battery pack, earplugs and a 'tile' tracker thingy