Why become a member? ×

Site virus attack

6feet7

Question

Has the site been hacked? Every time I log on to it my antivirus system stops virus attacks, and this happens when I change pages too. No other website is doing this, so I don't think it's me.

17 answers to this question

No but it could be an advert triggering the system, I think that’s happened before. 

Edit- just seem the screenshot. Yes that’s it. Monumetric host our external ads and that’s what’s triggering it (one of the ads they are serving). It’s nothing dangerous so can be dismissed. In the meantime I’ll pass it on to them. Thanks

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ped said:

Can you guys dismiss the warnings or doesn’t it let you? If it doesn’t I’ll just turn off the ads until Monumetric sort themselves out (this used to happen with Google Adsense too)

I could at first but now it comes back even if I stay on the same page ..for example it has triggered twice whilst typing this reply.

Don't worry though , we know it's not causing any real problem. 🙂

1 hour ago, Oopsdabassist said:

Yer I'm getting it too

Image1.jpg

Starting to happen to me too, every once in while, actually every 2 minutes or so this warning pops up in my anti virus, which happens to be AVG as well, if I have a tab opened in my browser with the "Bass Chat" forum loaded. 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash